Hosting a LAN party at my house. What do I need to make sure I have?

Author Topic: Hosting a LAN party at my house. What do I need to make sure I have?  (Read 5841 times)

The game is League of Legends.
ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Don't forget the huge ass bowl of puffy Cheetos.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Don't forget the huge ass bowl of puffy Cheetos.

Lmao, good suggestion.

I don't understand the whole LAN party thing. Yeah, sure, it's nice to interact with people in real life, but why does it mater if you're sitting next to each other talking out loud or sitting miles away from each other using Ventrilo or Skype? I just don't see it.

I don't understand the whole LAN party thing. Yeah, sure, it's nice to interact with people in real life, but why does it mater if you're sitting next to each other talking out loud or sitting miles away from each other using Ventrilo or Skype? I just don't see it.
It's more fun.

It just is.

You can look at their screen directly.
You can yell at them.
All of you screaming at once is fun.

It's just better. You have to experience it to understand.

you can feel eachothers body heat, smell their breath and sniff their sweat

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

human contact is good, even if you're only sitting next to eachother

You can pause for love.

It's just better. You have to experience it to understand.
I've been to one LAN party. I forgeted everyone up in CSS and everyone was mad at me (none of them had ever played before). Never again. Also, I thought it was less fun. I don't like playing games with people I know IRL. Makes me seem like a nerd. Aside from that, only once have I ever played video games at a friends house and that was when he made me play CoD. *Shivers*

What do I need to watch out for? Do I need power strips on power strips?

like 4 of us are laptop users, the other 3 are bringing a computer.

Should I worry about Ethernet ports?

I've been to one LAN party. I forgeted everyone up in CSS and everyone was mad at me (none of them had ever played before). Never again. Also, I thought it was less fun. I don't like playing games with people I know IRL. Makes me seem like a nerd. Aside from that, only once have I ever played video games at a friends house and that was when he made me play CoD. *Shivers*
Oh lol, I forgot I was talking to a neckbeard like Slick.

Oh no I feel like a nerd because I am interacting with a friend on a... VIDEO GAME D:

If you haven't played video games with you're friends then you must have either No Friends or Lame Friends.

or do your friends read when they're together? lmao

What do I need to watch out for? Do I need power strips on power strips?

Should I worry about Ethernet ports?
Yeah, power strips would likely be a good idea. Ethernet ports not so much, if they're running a stuff richard laptop that doesn't have a wifi card or lugging their desktop computer then somethings not going right.

Oh no I feel like a nerd because I am interacting with a friend on a... VIDEO GAME D:
Yeah, pretty much. None of my friends play video games actively. They all own consoles, but none of them play them hyperactively.
If you haven't played video games with you're friends then you must have either No Friends or Lame Friends.
I literally just posted that I have played video games with friends and they were both bad experiences. I also don't see a point in playing video games with real life friends. That's what online friends are for. Real life friends are for doing real stuff with.like drugs
or do your friends read when they're together? lmao
Who the forget even reads, like seriously. The last time I read a book for pleasure was like 6th grade.

Yeah, power strips would likely be a good idea. Ethernet ports not so much, if they're running a stuff richard laptop that doesn't have a wifi card or lugging their desktop computer then somethings not going right.
Yeah, pretty much. None of my friends play video games actively. They all own consoles, but none of them play them hyperactively.I literally just posted that I have played video games with friends and they were both bad experiences. I also don't see a point in playing video games with real life friends. That's what online friends are for. Real life friends are for doing real stuff with.like drugsWho the forget even reads, like seriously. The last time I read a book for pleasure was like 6th grade.
Power strips check.

Lmao about drugs x)

When I hosted a LAN party with 5 people I set up 3 laptops and two computers, and connected all of them to one huge 12 port power strip. Internet was wireless, all the computers could connect to it.
We had a keg of root beer too, I drank like the entire thing.
Previously said bowl of puffy cheetos
Three bowls of tortilla chips because one of my friends eats that stuff up.
We got steam working on 4/5 computers so we played TF2 together.
I played Flash games and beat the entire Submachine series because I ran out of stuff to do.
For lunch basically demolish fridge -> done.
I dunno if any of that helps but it was fun.

We had a keg of root beer too, I drank like the entire thing.
LMFAO, this is why I said nerd above. Go to any other party and there's a keg of beer. Go to a lan party, and there's a keg of root loving beer. lmfao.

LMFAO, this is why I said nerd above. Go to any other party and there's a keg of beer. Go to a lan party, and there's a keg of root loving beer. lmfao.
>implying drinking root beer isn't at other parties
other people enjoy soft drinks too.

Well aren't you the edgiest square around then. Look at you, drinking the same crap as the grown-ups.