Poll

Fire used for HD Renders?

Blocko Fire
9 (36%)
HD Fire
16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Blockland Blender Renders - Suggest or Submit Builds to Render  (Read 8952 times)

I choose a build, find the angle and view I want. Clear the bricks and take a picture of the slate map at that angle. I put the build into BLS2OBJ, then open the .obj in Blender. I set up the sun angle and lighting relative to the map's sun. Change the Blender sky to Blue or Green. Get the same angle I did in Blockland, but in Blender. Render the shot, save it. Edit out the greenscreen in Gimp and replace it with the screenshot of the slate map, and I'm good to go.

The only problem is that I can't get Blender to have a specular effect on the bricks, for the glare. I can do this by smooth shading the model, but then the bricks edge's are rounded.

Multiple objects would be the answer, BTW.  If you don't want the tops blending into the sides, split the top into a separate object, etc.  Blender will only try to smooth-shade adjacent faces if they're part of the same object.

Oh I see. I'll un-join all the faces, select all, then smooth shade them. That should do the trick.

Will you take non-default builds?

Sure. Just make sure it uses default bricks and the original builder is alright with you giving it to me. I'm not going to keep the build though anyways, considering I have no use for it other than rendering it in Blender.

Not my best render, just testing out getting the specular to work.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:54:45 AM by Awdax »

Default bricks only? What about colorset?

I was hoping to get some nice pics of Althur but it uses loads of non-default stuff. Oh well.

Colorset is fine. The color is determined in the .blb, and Destiny/Zack0Wack0's BLS2OBJ uses that information to create the colors and textures.

What non-default bricks are used? If they are simple larger bricks, that's fine. But if they are things like Tophius' bricks and JVS, than it won't work.

Then Althur can still work. Cam it take non-default ramps?

I'll get the save to you on Monday or so.

I don't think so. It all depends on what shot(s) you want me to take. If the missing bricks aren't too noticeable, it will be fine.

Its nice, though the lighting looks a bit like Roblox lighting. Thanks for doing this though.

Could you give me an example of Roblox's lighting? I've never seen it before so I have no idea how you're comparing it. In what ways does it look like Roblox's lighting? Is it the specular? The ambient occlusion?

Testing Volumetric Light and a new Ambient Occlusion value.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:05:26 AM by Awdax »

Testing Volumetric Light and a new Ambient Occlusion value.

beautiful

The Bedroom City. Forgotten what it's called.

Hm yes hot.
Render Afghanistan DM, Ice Palace, C.T.F. Battle Grounds and Building 6.