Poll

Fire used for HD Renders?

Blocko Fire
9 (36%)
HD Fire
16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Blockland Blender Renders - Suggest or Submit Builds to Render  (Read 8950 times)

here's althur: http://www.mediafire.com/?i1rz60lgz2fk0vb

can't be bothered to PM right now. major addons: filler cubes, Trueno's old colorset, Blackdragon's filler bricks/essentials (both packs)

all are on rtb. kthxbai.

Alright, I'll probably have a render some time tomrrow.

It uses a lot of custom bricks beware.

Yeah, I'm going to have to edit once shot he wants to make up for the missing custom bricks.

Yeah, I'm going to have to edit once shot he wants to make up for the missing custom bricks.
bowing to the inevitable. Once we get more stuff done we can do a full-cliff picture.

Took about 25 minutes to render. Nothing really to showcase in this shot, with the way the sun in Slate is angled and facing, the shadows just cover this section of the cliffs. You can see some shadow effects and sunlight on the bricks over on the right, nothing big though.

I'll do the other shot tomorrow. If you want a different shot of the cliffs, just let me know.

EDIT: Oh god, just look at the ramp bricks. Could anyone suggest a different image hosting site that doesn't lower quality when uploaded?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:40:50 PM by Awdax »

ImageShack doesn't lower image quality as far as I know. I've used it for years just fine.

Yeah, I came to realize it's the theme I am using for the forums. It downscaled my 720p itself, probably reduced the quality.

Conan, I'll probably have the other shot up later. Just let me know if you want a different render of the cliffs. The smudge and transparency is an isolated incident, I rendered at 1080p and forgot I am taking map screenshots in 720p, so I downscaled the 1080 and left over some greenscreen.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:02:39 PM by Awdax »

So do I. Any suggestions?

I wish so much that I could access Blockland right now.

Here's that second shot, Conan.

Well, I'm back to this computer faster than I thought I would be.
The lighting is the point of this one, it's just a DM of mine.
Any angle would be fine.

Do you want me to somehow implement the purple lights, or just render it with shadows?