Author Topic: LSD (sorry, i couldn't post for a bit)  (Read 3865 times)

LSD is a game made for the PlayStation1 by Asmik, in 1998. The point of which is to walk though worlds, representing the dreams of Asmik employee, Hiroko Nishikawa. There are other topics about it here, here, and here and a few more. Plenty of people have made series of themselves playing the game, the longest of which is this thirty part video series. You can get it (legallly) on a PSP emulator, like epsxe, and run it from there.

Quote from: IkeTheGeneric
This game is SCARY and CREEPY and full of CRAP

Really, no it's a bad game, you don't want it.

So, this game is based off of a dude's dream journal and the entire game is in a DREEAM, kay?

Okay, so it is literally on lsd, the game itself.

Okay, when you play it, it has a number up there for how many times you've played "days played"

You have a graph for what kind of dreams you've had, and stuff.

AND THEN WHEN YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO START THAT BABY UP

So walking into things makes you teleport to the next dream, and if you wake up, a day passes.

ISN'T IT LINEAR? no!!

lol so after gettin' that game to day 364, missingno haunts your game and screws it up the buttocks.

Seriously, it starts going AIDS on you.

The entire game is spent in first person so you can't see some naked action or anything

Oh and everything moving wants you dead, k?

So, the only way to play this, is on an emulator. It's not illegal, though.

If it was, I'd be in jail. The only way to play it anymore is through emulators, since the game cannot be bought anymore, unless a really old fat dude bought it in 198-who cares.

SORRY FOR THE MEGAUPLOAD LINK, BUT IT'S THE ONLY ONE

And have fun, and don't kill yourself, :D

Edit: OH YEAH AND IT HAS 500 DIFFERENT SONGS

As for me, I've made a remake of it, which is actually done. I just need to design some more worlds. I've created a world editor, which makes it quite easy. If anyone would like to help, just let me know.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:33:05 PM by DrenDran »

Could someone post a step by step tutorial on how to play this?

I have never gotten it to work.

Could someone post a step by step tutorial on how to play this?

I have never gotten it to work.
What emulator you using?
That makes most of the difference.

oh god this game
always creepy and i love watching azurite or whatever playing it

holy richards this game is FANTASTIC and I don't know why.

stuff brother I just got this game and it's so hilariously freaky.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:50:06 PM by Extrude »

You would think by now some other company would remaster this game and release it. Just imagine how crazy it would be with current technology.

Modern tech would ruin the game, IMO. Thats why there aren't many good horror games anymore, too many things abuse specularity and all, and sharper edges just tend to look creepier. 

Wouldn't be nearly as scary if the random creatures actually rendered before popping in your face lol.

Could we see the levels you remade?

You would think by now some other company would remaster this game and release it. Just imagine how crazy it would be with current technology.
That's just it though, it's not supposed to look super ogm graphics like cod17 burn out your graphics card amazingness.
No, it's supposed to be decivingly simple, it really adds to the creepy effect.
See:
Modern tech would ruin the game, IMO. Thats why there aren't many good horror games anymore, too many things abuse specularity and all, and sharper edges just tend to look creepier.  

Wouldn't be nearly as scary if the random creatures actually rendered before popping in your face lol.
That's partly a bug with the PS1, but it also really puts you on edge while you're exploring, which makes it better.

Could we see the levels you remade?
I was wondering if I should remake the levels that are already there, or just make all my own, or a mixture.
You see, I was origionally just mass producing levels, which were alright, then I realized they didn't seem genuine to the idea, I need to actually have meaning in them. The origional game was about exploring the subconcious, so I actually feel I should read up on psychology and get a few decent ideas and really explore them before I make any levels 'final'.

But if you just wanna see the game, I suppose I could upload a few screenshots of it's capibilities.
It's like a game engine, like Torque, it can support heightmaps, terrain, objects, models, lighting, etc. All I need to do now is make the levels, like I said.

HOLY loving stuff

ANyone else have weird stuff like this happen

HOLY loving stuff

ANyone else have weird stuff like this happen
I can't imagine what a dream that down would be, considering getting killed can be an upper dream.

It's like out of nowhere i start an ew save cus im to burned to be able to click F3 but lol its just forming precisely dynamically now. some unique stuff to me (68 game hours) is happening

It's like out of nowhere i start an ew save cus im to burned to be able to click F3 but lol its just forming precisely dynamically now. some unique stuff to me (68 game hours) is happening
No offense but I have no idea what that means.