Author Topic: Can i play ps2 games on my ps3?  (Read 1144 times)

Hello nerds, I recently got a ps3 slim last week, and I was wondering if I could play ps2 games on it. I've seen posts on how it can't play it, but that was 2 years ago and it might be different now. Thanks!

i don't think the slim can play ps2 games. older version could but apparently sony thought it's a great idea to remove the feature of playing ps2 games in the newer versions

only the really early models, but on ebay they're the price of a brand new one, some games it runs buggy anyway. it'd probably be better to just get a ps2 slim for like 50 dollars.

It can play ps1 games, but not ps2.

It can play ps1 games, but not ps2.
are you serious

please tell me you're joking

I can play ps1 and ps2 on mine, but i don't have slim. Though I did get my ps3 2 years after its release, so, it wasn't just early models.

are you serious

he's not joking

it's so goddamn straight
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:27:01 PM by Vegetarian Zombie »

are you serious

from what I've been hearing, he's right. The codec on Ps2 games is really strange compared to the 1 and 3.

I got the old 80 gig that can and I don't have any PS2 games  :panda:

Why didnt you ask Google first?

Why didnt you ask Google first?
I did, but all the results were from a few years ago and its very possible that Sony would have fixed that or updated the hardware by today.

I did, but all the results were from a few years ago and its very possible that Sony would have fixed that or updated the hardware by today.
The hardware isn't buggy or broken. They took out the hardware that played the PS2 games in later models of the PS3.

PS2 could play PS1 games.
I don't see why a PS3 can't play PS2 games. :C