Logo Contest - Cash Prize (Update!)

Author Topic: Logo Contest - Cash Prize (Update!)  (Read 2216 times)

Me and a friend are starting a yard care business, and we need a logo. We have an idea but neither of us are very good graphic designers. Below is a very rough idea of what we want. Our idea is to have half sky and half soil with one blade of grass sticking out and multiple roots going into the ground.  

If you have any other ideas they're welcome. No text in the logo please though, we already have a good name chosen out and it's not going to be included in the logo.

The deadline is next wednesday, February 29th - the sooner the better, but don't rush it.
The prize will be $15 awarded to the one we choose.

UPDATE 2/26:
Okay time for a little update I guess. I'll be changing the rules just a bit.

You can now come up with your own designs. As long as they relate enough to our "theme" so to speak we'll consider them. You can also include the name of our business, which is GrassRoots Yard Care. We won't be choosing any "logos" that are just text with some effects applied, I can do that myself. We'll be printing these in full color, never black and white. The colors we'll be using on our flyers/business cards/signs/whatever else will be only green and white, with black text - no complicated backgrounds or anything, so the logo CAN have a background but Jay is right that it might be nice without one.

Also, vector graphics are preferred so we can print these in any size we want. If you're not able to do that, make it very high resolution. 1000x1000, 1500x1500, basically just as big as you can so we're never limited by resolution.

The prize should be awarded fairly soon after the deadline, but you might have to wait a few days. It'll come, though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:19:50 PM by Fredulus »

Alright, so, the first guy never gets it but I guess I'll enter.

I'll do it for free.

Wait till Monday.

i don't know
kinda sketchy but i wasnt sure what style you wanted

free by the way

You guys are all wrong. Sheesh, hire a designer, do it.

http://justcreative.com/

Jack Cass writes articles about this, don't waste your time in dime a dozen contests. if you actually plan on going somewhere with a business, get a good logo.

like this but without a tree and grass instead?

When I mean I'll do one I mean like a legit style one. I have plenty of time in 2D animation to do this stuff.

Also, if any of you are making logos, read up on logo-creation tips. Some things off the top of my head:

-Don't make a logo dependent on color. Printing on black and white should retain the logo's quality/effect
-Use a vector graphic software or make it very large to begin with to keep logo quality when resizing.
-Should be simple. Look at Nike, ABC news, Fox, etc.
-Use one, maybe two max, fonts if you decide to use text.
-if you use color use colors that match the feel of company. Have lighter colors for a more informal one or darker, richer combinations to define your company's depth
-Logos cannot be bs'd

Sorry for double post;
You guys are all wrong. Sheesh, hire a designer, do it.

http://justcreative.com/

Jack Cass writes articles about this, don't waste your time in dime a dozen contests. if you actually plan on going somewhere with a business, get a good logo.
I read that before :o

Where did you hear about him?

Sorry for double post;I read that before :o

Where did you hear about him?
Design Studies, I'm finishing the 30 year this year.

Design Studies, I'm finishing the 30 year this year.
wat

i saw his site through links provided by NASA in a private forum contest consistening of students around the nation. The winner got their logo as the official NASA INSPIRE logo for the year as well as other stuff I don't remember.

[UaRL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/bladeofgrass.png/][/URL]

C: ?
too blurry/bad
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:33:15 AM by Böltster »

too blurry/bad

I will dismiss your statement considering you been an starfish to me for a longer time-period, not to mention being banned for trolling (or else?).

But either way; why don't you make a better one then?

And here's it with sharpen effect, for the sakes of it.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:47:41 AM by LeetZero »

I will dismiss your statement considering you been an starfish to me for a longer time-period, not to mention being banned for trolling (or else?).

But either way; why don't you make a better one then?

And here's it with sharpen effect, for the sakes of it.
Dismiss whatever you want, it still looks bad. Do it with vectors and maybe it will look better, it looks smudged.

none of what you get here's going to be any good for an actual business, lol.