Getting ready for v21 : Updated 3/17/2012

Author Topic: Getting ready for v21 : Updated 3/17/2012  (Read 44871 times)

they are bad quality, and no one likes the bedroom's grass.
Its 512p, the maximum size that Blockland/Torque allows. And its not the Bedroom grass texture.

Its 512p, the maximum size that Blockland/Torque allows. And its not the Bedroom grass texture.
Hmm, I was thinking Torque supported all the way up to 4096 textures.

So V21 is gonna remove maps like bedroom and Kitchen?...

But those are my favourite maps...

Freedom Plains seems pretty cool. The Calor one has an awfully pixelated texture in the picture. Is that just your graphical setting or is it low res?

I like how the Freedom Plains looks kind of sad, and I'm going to be sad that the Bedroom and Kitchen maps will be gone.

Freedom Plains should have hills in the skybox, and a darker grass texture like Freedom Fields.

The Calor one has an awfully pixelated texture in the picture. Is that just your graphical setting or is it low res?
The sand just appears to have low detail in the screenshot.

Freedom Plains should have hills in the skybox
This actually isn't a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.

It's beautiful. Just for the Freedom Fields, you should remove the stubs for the grass. They kind of look like weeds...it just doesn't fit in with the beautiful scenery.
But other than that, it's good!
:D

1. No shrub grass.

2. The floor of the map seems awkward. I like the ground on the original Freedom Fields. I don't like how the ground on Calor Abrasador seems like there are large dots everywhere.

3. Skyboxes on those things are incredible.

bl needs support for higher res textures. if they give us HD shadows and crap but keep the blurry texture limit im gonna be peeved

bl needs support for higher res textures. if they give us HD shadows and crap but keep the blurry texture limit im gonna be peeved
I agree, hopefully Komp or Baddy can up the max image resolution to a more modern size like 1024p or even 2048p.