Author Topic: KONY 2012: The movement to end Joseph Kony  (Read 22656 times)

THe thing that kinda pisses me off is that only thirty one percent of pay goes to the problem. I also knew about kony for years. Before you give in to tears, think a bit.
This has been answered OVER and OVER again.

No amount of money from an independent group is going to fix this. The money is going towards awareness as to get the government involved.

kinda wish it was aimed to get the UN involved and not just a few national governments at best, though

but whadda i know

kinda wish it was aimed to get the UN involved and not just a few national governments at best, though

but whadda i know

If the UN took charge it'd be the US sending in troops anyways.

lol true that

This seems to be what's happening, however.
They've probably spent more on advertising than helping.

You're an idiot. That's exactly what they're doing, and is what they said they'd do. Seriously, read the stuff before you make dumb comments.

so wait, you're defending the fact that they're barely using the money for anything??
yes, this is just as logical as the original invisible children movie, quite so.

But didn't the US send in 100 militants to help train the Uganda army in finding Kony?

so wait, you're defending the fact that they're barely using the money for anything??
yes, this is just as logical as the original invisible children movie, quite so.

Just stating the facts, bro. I never said I was for it, but I'd rather have people be informed than spread false information.

The whole point of Kony 2012 is to bring awareness to this issue, to to stop it. The 30% percent is going towards building schools, not stopping Kony. They figure if they can bring enough attention to the issue, an actual solution might arise.

If they spent $7,000,000 to garner attention and successfully engaged the US Military, it would have been the same as getting billions of dollars and forming their own Mercenary Strike Force. They spent it extremely wisely.

Kobewarrior: you're in a serious stuff...

PS i didn't make this pic

That's kobe?
lol, no, i dunno, i just found that thing searching about kony

good to see humans are using their technology to unite with each other