Civ 5 on sale: Worth the buy?

Author Topic: Civ 5 on sale: Worth the buy?  (Read 683 times)

Anyone bought the game/played it? It's a pretty good deal money-wise, but is the game worth buying at all?

Duh, get it now. They're expanding with religion and improved mechanics aswell.

Yes.

WHAT? :D

Wow what?!

Yes it's worth it so much.

hmm i guess i'll get it then, the only reason i asked was that i've been seeing/hearing pretty mixed reviews about it

hmm i guess i'll get it then, the only reason i asked was that i've been seeing/hearing pretty mixed reviews about it
For that price, yes.
$30? no.
I liked civ 4 so much more.

hmm nah it gets old fast...

I got it for 15 bucks, and I adore it.

For that price, yes.
$30? no.
I liked civ 4 so much more.
Civ 4 on sale for $9 think and yes plus buy Civ 4.

It's pretty good. Like a lot of games, however, the AI is quite... Weird. A single empire once took over an entire continent by building city after city without purchasing any land or waiting for cultural border expansion. Since the only way to win that particular game was world conquest, I just quit there. Also because they owned the world's only source of uranium...

Yes.

It's amazing fun.  I remember one friend called it "Sid Meier's 'where did 12 hours go?'" because it's that loving addicting.

Yes.
WHAT? :D
Wow what?!
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/16/civ-v-gods-and-kings-expansion-announced-now-with-extra-religion-and-spies/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/civilization-v-gods-kings-interview-with-lead-designer-ed-beach/

tl;dr:
  • More civilizations
  • New religion gameplay mechanic that allows you to literally mix and match traits of all sorts of ideologies
  • New spies gameplay mechanic
  • Improved AI + performance (WHICH SHOULD'VE BEEN IN loving PATCHEEEEEEEEEEES)

With the money saved you should probably also buy the other Civilization DLCs.  Don't buy map DLCs, they're absolutely and utterly useless, but additional Civilizations are good to buy especially for their 75% off tag.

If someone buys me the Game of the Year edition, I will happily gift them Frozen Synapse in return.

Anyone?

done

ty
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:46:27 PM by Messes »