Weapon Shop System! [V2]

Author Topic: Weapon Shop System! [V2]  (Read 30454 times)

Please note - Support for this add-on is no longer available. due to multiple bugs ime probably just going to recode it

Weapon Shop System!

So, tired of having to go round every brick and setting up a VCE system?
Or simply don't know how to make a shop like you see in other server?

Well help is at hand!

now all you need to set up your weapon system is one command, just look at the brick and type /SetWeaponPrice X

Job done, the rest is done for you!

Features:
  • One command setup
  • Puts those useless minigame points to good use!
  • Snazzy text over the weapon to let you know how much it costs
  • Snazzy prompts for purchaseing
  • RTB prefs to enable/disable
  • Works when saved/loaded
  • No need to put silly covers over the weapons! The system has the ability to block users from simply walking over the item and picking it up (If enabled)
  • weapons ownership, and prices are saved so you don't need to worry about loosing data when you reload the server or if it crashes
  • interchangeable modes; Save ownership, one time
  • Now disabile multiple pickups of one item in the same loadout

List o' Commands:

/SetWeaponPrice [Amount] - Sets the price of the weapon you are looking at and sets up the event system needed - SA ONLY
/MakeWeaponShopBrick - Just sets up the events required for the brick
/RemoveWeaponShopItem - Removes the weapon from the system
/GetPrice checks the price of the item if you are blind and somehow can't read :D

/UpdateAllBrickPrices -If something goes wrong and weapon prices don't appear above items type this and it will re-apply it to all the items SA ONLY
/EnableWeaponShop - Enables the entire system if you don't want to use RTB prefs - updates brick prices - SA ONLY
/DisableWeaponShop - Disables the entire system if you don't want to use RTB prefs - updates brick prices - SA ONLY
/EnableWeaponPickup - Allows people to walk over items and pick them up even if they are shop items, off by default. Also a RTB Pref - SA ONLY
/DisableWeaponPickup - Disabled the ability to walk over items and pick them up even if are shop items, off by default. Also a RTB Pref - SA ONLY
/ToggleWeaponShopMultiplePickup - Toggles if players can pick up more than one of the same item - SA ONLY
/ToggleWeaponShopSystemMode - Changes the saving method between saving ownership, and one time buying

Code: [Select]
WeaponShopData.delete();IntNetWeaponShopSetup();
With thanks to:

General- Zipping the file for me, seeing as mac zips don't like windows format (And teaching me to code in the first place ^^)

Crown: Cuz he bugged me to put him here for "Been Crown"

Changelog
v2:
Fixed bug that caused some weapons to not work
Added prevention to picking up multiple items
Added mode selection : Save Ownership and One Time Use

Pics of it in use:

Feedback I've been told:

Darren: "This is just jizzable"

This is probably one of the best add-ons I've seen.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:01:58 PM by Gambsy »

Should just work on any brick where someone can spawn items with a wrench and it would take the points it costs away. It would be great for fortwars like that.

Should just work on any brick where someone can spawn items with a wrench and it would take the points it costs away. It would be great for fortwars like that.

It was originally designed for stuff like TDM's but i can adapt a version to do just that in a update

I love you
have my babies

now i can make unnecessary gold weapon variants and sell them for like 599,000 points or something

great add-on, will try and use it

I'll set this up in V4, Tom.

hue hue hue hue, isit the first thing you've actually released, Tom?

Nah, the brick killer was realised :D

for a short while anyway....

THANK GOD.

Small question.
Can I still sell weapons through an itemless brick?
Like the brick has the ! or $ print on it, and that's how you purchase it?

Wait so this uses those worthless minigame points you get from killing people? If so that's loving awesome. I'm going to try this out.

Much better than that complicated and inflated money system.

It's cool, but it seems like using events would be simpler.

THANK GOD.

Small question.
Can I still sell weapons through an itemless brick?
Like the brick has the ! or $ print on it, and that's how you purchase it?

Nah, it works off the item placed upon it
Wait so this uses those worthless minigame points you get from killing people?
Thats the ones :D

It's cool, but it seems like using events would be simpler.

many people don't know how to VCE, and there have been countless topics posted like "Hoa2WeaponShop" so this solves the issue for them; that and i don't see how doing 20 events is easier then typing one line :D

many people don't know how to VCE, and there have been countless topics posted like "Hoa2WeaponShop" so this solves the issue for them; that and i don't see how doing 20 events is easier then typing one line :D
You don't really need to know how to use VCE, and it only takes about 4 lines of eventing.

You don't really need to know how to use VCE, and it only takes about 4 lines of eventing.

not to have them save for exit additionally it isn't :D