Author Topic: Forum Request: Name Changing  (Read 1074 times)

I never got why we never had this, it doesn't effect anyone. We used to PM Badspot for name changes but now he never does it. I had to make this new account because my older one of which I never like to talk about's name was so stupid. I think this feature would be nice.

Although I would like this (god damn this name forget) I think badspot doesn't want to people to get confused or people changing names to impersonate people.

>Trolls everyone
>Changes name and avatar
>"Hey guys im new"

>Trolls everyone
>Changes name and avatar
>"Hey guys im new"
>keep name logs
OR
>only allow name changing once a month or some stuff

Users having the free ability to change their name in any case is a bad idea. Blockland Forums is primarily composed of trolls, the ability would be so abused no matter the case.

I think it'd be good if from the day you join the forums you can change your name ONCE And once only freely

OR

Here's a grand old idea

You have to pay 5 bucks for a name change. It's not going to stop anyone who feels they need it, prevents spamming, and gives Badspot money.

OR

Here's a grand old idea

You have to pay 5 bucks for a name change. It's not going to stop anyone who feels they need it, prevents spamming, and gives Badspot money.

Oh my God yes. But I think Badspot would still have to take time out of bug fixes/daily life to change every person's name that they pay for.

Oh my God yes. But I think Badspot would still have to take time out of bug fixes/daily life to change every person's name that they pay for.
Automation?

Users get 1 name change.

It's just not going to happen. I'd try to explain, but I don't want to put words in Badspot's mouth. All I can say is know this won't happen.

View prievious aliases button = fixed.

This could easily not be abusive if you kept the persons old name on their profile and under their avatar in a smaller text when they post.

Ex:
NameGuy1337
(avatar)
Old name in 5pt

Well, yeah, i want to change my forum name too, cause i kinda dislike this one... :/
But oh well, i'll just need to stick with this one :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:30:57 PM by dragzx »

All i want to change atleast put big letter in my forums name D: