Lol, can you hack blockland?

Author Topic: Lol, can you hack blockland?  (Read 20285 times)

Dunno what happened in my server but idc really care about it but since this topic exists, I think it wouldn't hurt writing about it.
So, I was in my server with Negative, passworded server, just me and Negative. Then suddenly our datablocks were changed to the pig playertype and I saw in the chat "Fungusamongus: HAHA I'm HACKING *****ES".
We were kind of confused but since just suiciding fixed the harm, I didnt care much about it.
There are no events to do such a thing to all the players in the server so events have nothing to do with this.

I just think that "hackers" are pathetic people with no life and nothing else to do but ruining others' game.

I'm not gonna be active on this topic so have fun fighting about my post.
+pic (taken 5mins after the situation, that is why the chat is pageupped)

Aimbot can be a form of illegal hacking, since most game programmers don't want you to use third party software to beat a game. There are multiple aimbots created for BL that use or modify BL's code without Mr. Hartman's approval.
Aimbots in Blockland barely even work since the bullet are so slow, they're not even worth counting.

It's not logical to say that PlayStation, Facebook, and many other programs can get hacked, but BL is invincible and impossible to hack.
ITT: People who don't read
I'm wondering why people think Blockland is hackable just because of all these company-run games are.

Here's the major difference:
Networking structure.

These company-run games are expecting high population, thus they need most of the networking and calculations to be run through the client. Otherwise, it would be a huge strain on the server. This allows for clients to play around with these functions, such as telling other clients "yeah i just hit you for 9999 damage it's legit die plz".

Blockland is different. Players run their own small little servers from their home computers. Badspot doesn't need to handle any of it aside from authentication and the server listing. This has minimal strain on the master server, and allows for an effective anti-hack, due to the servers processing everything. The only downfall of this is not having anything global aside from IDs and names. There is no global level-ups, achievements, or currency due to everyone having their own little server with their own little games. If there were level-ups, achievements, or currency, anyone hosting a server would be able to mess with it immediately.

The only way to hack an online Blockland server would be to hack into the computer the server is running on. And I'm sure you could do much more harmful things than mess with their internet Legos. You're going to get in trouble for breaking in in the first place.

Dunno what happened in my server but idc really care about it but since this topic exists, I think it wouldn't hurt writing about it.
So, I was in my server with Negative, passworded server, just me and Negative. Then suddenly our datablocks were changed to the pig playertype and I saw in the chat "Fungusamongus: HAHA I'm HACKING *****ES".
We were kind of confused but since just suiciding fixed the harm, I didnt care much about it.
There are no events to do such a thing to all the players in the server so events have nothing to do with this.

I just think that "hackers" are pathetic people with no life and nothing else to do but ruining others' game.

I'm not gonna be active on this topic so have fun fighting about my post.
+pic (taken 5mins after the situation, that is why the chat is pageupped)
I remember hearing something about an exploit that allows people to silently connect and chat.
Either that, or he's distributed an add-on with some malicious code in it that sends fake chat messages and all the other things people are claiming Fungus does
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:13:26 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Fungus, the new truce.

Fungus, the new truce.

except truce is intelligent and fungus has the collective knowledge of a pile of rocks

except truce is intelligent and fungus has the collective knowledge of a pile of rocks
I hate those pile of rocks now.

I went on a popular server, and then someone started talking about Fungus, and then after 10 minutes the message 'ASDF I'M A HACKER *****ES' came up in chat and that weird face with the teeth and stuff.
This one:

You've probably all downloaded an add-on with some bad code in it. Either that or there's eval on the server, which can open up a permanent backdoor. (unless you're aware of it)

I just found out who Fungus is, hes doing it with a friend. They use events only. My friend told me to join a server and then he did it.

It's events. I know this because me and a friend were hosting a server, and he joined, but we were smart and turned on trace, and I had my chatlogger.

We found out it's done through events, among other things.

It's events. I know this because me and a friend were hosting a server, and he joined, but we were smart and turned on trace, and I had my chatlogger.

What was hes name?

Send this to me or any other important person.

Send this to me or any other important person.
Kalph, i know who is doing this stuff. Its one of my friends. He told me to join a server with him with 1 on and he was AFK and he did it.

Kalph, i know who is doing this stuff. Its one of my friends. He told me to join a server with him with 1 on and he was AFK and he did it.
Do I care who it is? Yes

Did I ask for who it is? No

I need to know what's causing it.

Do I care who it is? Yes

Did I ask for who it is? No

I need to know what's causing it.
oooooooooooooooooooh <-<

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:25:43 PM by Lunar »