Poll

Did you sign the petition? (Reread the first post)

Yes because it is a violation of the constitution
41 (50%)
Yes(other reason) [State below]
1 (1.2%)
No because while it is a violation, this petition won't do anything
20 (24.4%)
No (other reason) [State below]
20 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: "Remove "In God we trust" from legal tender" Petition on Whitehouse.gov  (Read 23672 times)

It's already our motto, so it should be on bills regardless, case point.

How bout you go back to reading your science books and leave us believers alone?
Thank you for the offer, I will read my books that are based off of facts, evidence, and observation, instead of 2000 year old superstition.
As far as leaving believers alone, I will as long as they keep to themselves about their beliefs. Interfering with government policy and changing the motto from something that did represent the whole country, to something that does not represent the whole country, and using their beliefs for the reasoning behind it, is not keeping to themself.

It's already our motto, so it should be on bills regardless, case point.
What's wrong with our old motto? The one that was used way before "In God We Trust"?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:36:21 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Thank you for the offer, I will read my books that are based off of facts, evidence, and observation, instead of 2000 year old superstition.
As far as leave you alone, I will as long as you keep to yourself about your beliefs. Interfering with government policy and changing the motto from something that did represent the whole country, to something that does not represent the whole country, and using your beliefs for the reasoning behind it, is not keeping to yourself.

What's wrong with our old motto? The one that was used way before "In God We Trust"?

As you just said keep your beliefs to yourself so stop trying to take "god" out of everything. Don't like the pledge? Don't say it, I don't. Don't like what the dollar says? Don't read it. I only read it when i'm folding it into things that show weird stuff.

As you just said keep your beliefs to yourself so stop trying to take "god" out of everything. Don't like the pledge? Don't say it, I don't. Don't like what the dollar says? Don't read it. I only read it when i'm folding it into things that show weird stuff.
The same could be said to the people who want to put god in everything, including that which is supposed to be separated from it.
Not mentioning God is not disgracing him. If we were asking to change the motto to "In God We Do Not Trust" you would have a legitimate reason to complain.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:39:55 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

As far as leaving believers alone, I will as long as they keep to themselves about their beliefs. Interfering with government policy and changing the motto from something that did represent the whole country, to something that does not represent the whole country, and using their beliefs for the reasoning behind it, is not keeping to themself.

It changed. I don't see your logic "our old motto came before our last motto so the new motto is null." in god we trust isn't our motto anymore, so currency should change to reflect our motto.

How bout you go back to reading your science books and leave us believers alone?

kay

kay

What does my location have to do with anything?

What does my location have to do with anything?
It's a popular belief among arrogant dumbasses that stupid people only come from the southern states.

i don't see how taking it out would really change anything

its more of a moral victory for hardcore atheists- and what's the logic in proposing something to the government that would only result in a moral victory?

"don't like having people remove god from state? Go to a different country"

The Constitution will not allow it. They're not going to make another repeal of one for the first time since 1933.

The Constitution will not allow it. They're not going to make another repeal of one for the first time since 1933.
The Constitution will not allow for the removal of something that is unconstitutional? I'd like to know where it says this.

It's a popular belief among arrogant dumbasses that stupid people only come from the southern states.
Oh yea.

I have met people that were born in the true Hillbilly parts and they're smarter than forget. And i'v met people from up north who are total dumb ass's

The Constitution will not allow for the removal of something that is unconstitutional?
what the forget is the big deal

how are four god damn words on a piece of paper impeding on your rights.

"If it isn't broke, don't fix it" - Quite a few people.
There is nothing wrong with the dollar so why change it? So a few people can stop bitching over 1 word?
Except for it is broken.
The motto poorly reflects our nation's beliefs and it's unconstitutional.
How handicapped can someone be? Whenever we provide a reason to remove it, you just say "theres no reason to remove it" without saying anything about the reasons we give. Please, at least TRY to argue.
Oh yea.

I have met people that were born in the true Hillbilly parts and they're smarter than forget. And i'v met people from up north who are total dumb ass's
That's because not everyone in the south is a moron, but a majority can be. You haven't proved anything.
what the forget is the big deal

how are four god damn words on a piece of paper impeding on your rights.
They're unconstitutional, it's unfair to represent one specific god, because it makes it seem like the nation should be governed by christianity. Obviously it should not.