5 (2%)
Agnostic  
32 (12.6%)
Jewish
3 (1.2%)
Other
26 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Religious Views?  (Read 20046 times)

No, Evolution is a theory.  Let's not bring that up.
so is religion.
you are the poster child for narrow-mindedness.

What is with religious people and there pseudo knowledge when it comes to science?

It's a theory, through and through. The theory of evolution. Not hypothesis, theory. I seriously can't get how you two can think you're making a solid case.

You are both the definition of narrow mindedness. Try watching the video I linked, it pretty much predicts you're entire arguement when it comes to your faith.
A theory is something that can be thoroughly tested and observed. If evolution takes millions of years, how are we ever supposed to do either of those things? The most we can do is look at micro-evolution, which isn't debated on.

I have said several times and indicated that I have seen BOTH SIDES.  Do I have to keep waving this flag around?

By your own logic, you are narrow-minded because you are convinced that Christianity is false AND because it can be only viewed that Christianity is narrow-minded and can not be thought of in any other way.
Open mindedness doesn't mean you can experience both sides and then permenently lock yourself in to a believe set. Open mindedness is experiencing both sides while leaving yourself open to any new information that comes along.

I'm not narrow minded. I've been in both camps and that has led me to not believe in god. If there is any new evidence in the existance of a god, i'm willing to consider it.

I'm not a devout follower of any mainstream religion as preached by man, but I have always been a big supporter of ancient aliens, even before History Chanel got obsessed with the subject.

so is religion.
you are the poster child for narrow-mindedness.
So is the bible.

If you do not believe or are not convinced because you think or say "I don't want to believe in an invisible floating god in space that smites anyone who disobeys him" or anything along the lines of how the Bible does NOT present it, then this is narrow-mindedness.  You are then choosing to not believe in something entirely different from Christianity.

I am a Christian and there are certain aspects of evolution I believe.

A theory is something that can be thoroughly tested and observed. If evolution takes millions of years, how are we ever supposed to do either of those things? The most we can do is look at micro-evolution, which isn't debated on.
Evolution via artificial selection doesn't have to be micro at all, and it can easily be tested. Artificial selection is basically a faster version of natural selection that looks for different traits.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:12:10 PM by Fracture »

I can quote things too.
That's good, but make something worthwhile about it.

I could validly report you for spam because of that.

Im pretty sure you just did the same thing.

I'm not narrow minded. I've been in both camps and that has led me to not believe in god. If there is any new evidence in the existance of a god, i'm willing to consider it.
So how's about this?
I thought Dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before people came around, how did this manage to happen?
And I know, this isn't new evidence for God, but it is evidence against the idea of an old earth. And without an old earth, evolution is impossible. And without evolution, Atheism has no explanation for how we got here.

Evolution via artificial selection doesn't have to be micro at all, and it can easily be tested. Artificial selection is basically a faster version of natural selection that looks for different traits.
Isn't it natural selection? Anyways, what I meant was, the only thing we've ever seen is small changes within the kinds of animals. Big dogs, little dogs, etc. But they always produce a dog. At no time in history has anyone ever seen one kind of animal change into another kind of animal, like a chicken into a reptile, or a dog into a cat.

No you couldn't. Boltster is a well-respected member who didn't even commit spam, and you're a narrowminded child who seems to be completely detached from logic.
mysteroo, that footprint is pretty badass

So how's about this?
I thought Dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before people came around, how did this manage to happen?
This proves nothing?

No you couldn't. Boltster is a well-respected member who didn't even commit spam, and you're a narrowminded child who seems to be completely detached from logic.
mysteroo, that footprint is pretty badass
what
he wasnt even talking about reporting bolster

lern2red nob

So how's about this?
And I know, this isn't new evidence for God, but it is evidence against the idea of an old earth.
I just said, i'm open to any new evidence in the existance of a god.

But in response to it anyway, have a wikipedia quote
The "Alvis Delk Cretaceous Footprint", allegedly a human footprint partially overlapped by an Acrocanthosaurus dinosaur footprint in Glen Rose limestone.[7][26][27][28] This was deemed "not a convincing human footprint in ancient rock" by biologist Glen J. Kuban and called a "blatant fake" by biologist PZ Myers.[29]
In 2008, a descendant of a family that found many original Paluxy River dinosaur tracks in the 1930s claimed that her grandfather had faked many of them, including the "Alvis Delk Cretaceous Footprint".[34]