Author Topic: Why can't you resize bricks like in Roblox?  (Read 6491 times)

Is there a reason why Blockland uses bricks that can only be of certain size?
Also why is the position set up XZY? That confused for a long time when I was making my BL to RBLX map converter :P

Because Blockland isn't Roblox. It's supposed to be more like Legos. And you can't resize Legos in real life.

Yes, but isn't it kinda unnecessarily difficult this way? It also increases the brick count a ton.

Also why is the position set up XZY?
It's not is it... Z is up/down.

Basically, blockland runs on a static brick grid and roblox runs on a dynamic one. They can have built vehicles, we can have a ridiculous amount of bricks with no lag.   If you really struggle getting the right size brick, there are countless brick packs out there with millions of bricks in. You really don't need a brick resizer to build well, and if it "increases the brick count a ton", you're probably doing it wrong.

You can make brick packs you know.

I know I can make brick packs, but why can't the parts just be made so that they can change sizes instantly, so a base 1000x1000 will only be one brick, and not made up by 100 smaller bricks. I lag on roblox, but I also lag on blockland when viewing a large amount of bricks, and it looks to me like sometimes there is more bricks in a building than are really needed.

Isn't Y usually up/down?

Isn't Y usually up/down?
Only in 2d space. If you've ever done 3d vectors or graphs at school, it will almost always be Z being up or down. and in the format (x,y,z)

so a base 1000x1000 will only be one brick
Why do you need a base that big?

If you are lagging, chances are you're pushing your system too hard or have an old computer that just can't cope. Turn down your settings or upgrade your gcard.

I turned down the graphics; I'm only saying I think it would be more convenient if BL was like this.

I turned down the graphics; I'm only saying I think it would be more convenient if BL was like this.

If there was a script that could do this, well the only thing I can think of is something similar to trench digging....

Holy stuff, I'm getting an idea.

It was hell having to record all the bricks blockland has to make my BL converter half decent.
Even then, there are thousands of custom bricks I don't have :P
Atleast it works to an extent

It was hell having to record all the bricks blockland has to make my BL converter half decent.

How...

Tedious, that is how.

I have more convertions :I

How...
Because .bls is a pretty simple format.

The reason why is because it doesn't work like that.

The .blb system doesn't allow it.

Back in v0002, you could do this because bricks were staticShapes, but the lag from bricks could be worse than on Roblox.

O i c

Luckily the .bls format is simple..Almost as simple as it can be.

I'm looking into making an addition to the converter where I can remove all unnecessary bricks, turn it into one larger brick.
For example 10 green baseplates that appear like one big one, will be turned into one.

[img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3334/95393822.png[/img]
[img]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6664/31004790.png[/img]
Those are in Roblox? Nice work.