Author Topic: An assessment of, "Game reviewing" and whether it's actually useful.  (Read 4320 times)

Game reviews are based off acquiesce opinions.

• say someone reviews skyrim and says it sucks(opinion) - no people discriminate against the reviewer
  • another person says skyrim is the best game out there(opinion) - but no automaticly people think it's the best reviewer.

I'm not a big fan of reviews myself, but OP's argument against them is kind of stupid.

If you read a review correctly you can still get something valuable from it. If you don't care about graphics, you can just ignore the statement that says "graphics suck".

Even if you did come up with a system where each element is rated individually, it would still suck because two people could have completely different thoughts about the exact same gameplay element or graphical style. Personal taste is a lot deeper than "well I don't care about graphics but gameplay is important to me".

3.5 +3.5 is 7.
5/2=2.5
3.5 is not 50%
I read 3.5 as 2.5 wow

If this is against those reviews people make on others' servers, I think making a review thread where the community votes for how good a certain server is would be fun.
Or at least less biased.