Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Games  (Read 1602 times)

I've been wondering wether this kind of game exists for awhile now. It sounds like a good idea to me. I'm searching for a game similar to games like Fallout 3 and I am Alive in the sense that it's set in a post-apocalyptic environment (Zombies/World disasters) but I need it to be completely free roam. And more about survival instead of the usual 'shooting things till they die then the same with the next wave of enemies'. I want something more based on foraging for food, finding shelter and basically surviving with the left overs of a dead mankind.

If anyone knows of any games like this I would appreciate the info.

There was this one game, I forgot the name, but it had the letter Z at the end of the name and you could cooperate with AI and hide in buildings and stuff.

There was this one game, I forgot the name, but it had the letter Z at the end of the name and you could cooperate with AI and hide in buildings and stuff.

Survival crCIA Z?

Project Zomboid?

Oooo I like.

Yep, watched a bit of an LP this is exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like he has multiplayer planned for the future too and it's still being developed which is perfect. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:31:03 PM by Acid »

Fallen Earth. Might want to not download from steam because that messes up for some people.

Project Zomboid is probably the best survival game I've ever seen. This next update in fact will greatly expand my love with it.

Fallout 3? That game is ew. Graphics wise. I played it, but the graphics are so monotonous (Brown, grey, more brown) that I had to get  mod to add plants. I also custom-modded the music because it sounded like they recycled the music from oblivion.

Survival CrCIA Z is good but dosn't seem to work on newer windows installations. Completely free roam.

Fallout New Vegas has a good storyline, but gameplay can sometimes get boring.

I am Alive is simply amazing. It is kind of free roam, but you still have objectives.

Cataclysm and Rogue Survivor.