Author Topic: CreepLab - New and lovey version - Testing  (Read 3906 times)

30 feet of water also works well.
i think i'll ask my dad on this, i somehow doubt it...
he's a chemical engineer, knowledgeable in most engineering things

I think you might be right, I mistook the reactor for spent rods.
Spent rods are kept underwater, I'm not sure about the reactor itself actually.

I think you might be right, I mistook the reactor for spent rods.
Spent rods are kept underwater, I'm not sure about the reactor itself actually.
Nuclear reactors consist of a huge concrete building with the actual radioactive material inside. The water is only there to cool the reactor; it can become radioactive itself. That's why they isolate the heat transfer fluid in a non-leaking tube, with the tube/pipe itself heating water in another container, to prevent radioactivity from escaping.

Yes, but spent uranium rods that are fully contaminated are stored in a huge pool-like basin.

Yes, but spent uranium rods that are fully contaminated are stored in a huge pool-like basin.
They do that to cool them down, then they contain them in lead or something and bury them.

They keep theim there until they can send a whole batch at once to dump in some forsaken cave.

They keep theim there until they can send a whole batch at once to dump in some forsaken cave.
They don't leave them exposed to the air, silly. They contain them and bury them. Where do you get this information?

They don't leave them exposed to the air, silly. They contain them and bury them. Where do you get this information?
Actually they just dump the rods in lead casings in caves.

^Spent rods

^Cave with waste
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:28:36 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Why did this suddenly become a conversation on how the process of nuclear reaction is contained and dealt with?

Why did this suddenly become a conversation on how the process of nuclear reaction is contained and dealt with?
Because the central room is a reactor basin.
But you're right, back ontopic.
I'll be privately hosting tommorow for a bit and then open it to public later that day.

oh so you're referencing the ones that don't use established methods I guess.

Yeah, people do that. It hurts the environment more though. However, they don't use water to shield radiation. Water is used as a cleansing agent and a coolant.

Either way, water can become radioactive, and so it works for this build.

Oh and on topic, I remember when this was first hosted a built by Conan too.

Like you said in the OP, or briefly implied, it was very easy and roughly done. You are an astounding man for reviving this build.

Also, some credit to Conan for the ladders in the vents, some creeper annoyance fixed and reminding me to name sectors for easy navigation.

Oh and on topic, I remember when this was first hosted a built by Conan too.

Like you said in the OP, or briefly implied, it was very easy and roughly done. You are an astounding man for reviving this build.
Actually I did yesterday and he came by and played a round.

I'm tempted to make a new one, but I know it won't be as good as this, and also I don't have the interest.