Author Topic: Forum suggestions  (Read 678 times)

I've only done two forum suggestions, here they are.

Here is one forum suggestion I did back in January
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=181795.0
The quote if you're to lazy to click.
This suggestion is for the forum improvment, this will probably not happen, but i'd like to share what I think.
I was thinking about how I always have to look at the old posts to see if I get any quotes or replys, like when someone quotes you you can get a notification, here is something I made in 2 minutes, don't judge.

Yes I know the font is horrible, but I couldn't find the right font to fit it.

A new suggestion:
Forum activity, this will show how active you are on the forums and the estimate amount of hours you are on.

In the picture above is an example of the new aspect, please ignore standing out font of the others, I couldn't find the right one.

This will probably never happen but I find them as some good ideas.

I like these, but updating the forums is probably one of the last things that will happen

I like these, but updating the forums is probably one of the last things that will happen
yeah, I understand.

The first one would be like 5000+ notifications.
I liked it when we had star ratings.

Rating topics?

Well, Badspot (and I) use SMF, and I think there is a plugin for notifications like you're suggesting, but not for this old version of SMF, my forum ( http://dionsforums.net63.net/index.php ) uses SMF 2.0.2 and its DEFAULT theme. That being 'curve' this forums uses an older, slightly uglier version of Core, which I have and can enable, but I don't for the look reason. If Badspot wanted to update, he probably would have already because it's awfully easy.

I meant if you get quoted on something you would get a notification.

I meant if you get quoted on something you would get a notification.
Exactly,
would be like 5000+ notifications.

Well, Badspot (and I) use SMF, and I think there is a plugin for notifications like you're suggesting, but not for this old version of SMF, my forum ( [REDACTED] ) uses SMF 2.0.2 and its DEFAULT theme. That being 'curve' this forums uses an older, slightly uglier version of Core, which I have and can enable, but I don't for the look reason. If Badspot wanted to update, he probably would have already because it's awfully easy.
Quote from: Rules
9. Do not advertise other forums
Just a warning.

Also, these forums use different versions of SMF. Yours has 2.0.2 and this uses 1.1.15.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:13:57 PM by dargereldren »

Just a warning.

Also, these forums use different versions of SMF. Yours has 2.0.2 and this uses 1.1.15.

Sorry, didn't mean to put it out as an advertisement. By thanks for joining <3