3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 488882 times)

Maybe alcohol should be rationed. Though it's very unlikely that it would work.

Maybe alcohol should be rationed. Though it's very unlikely that it would work.
Or maybe, the camp should start making 'laws' that if people break, they're punished (banishment, death, etc.) In a situation like this, that's probably what would happen, realistically.

Or maybe, the camp should start making 'laws' that if people break, they're punished (banishment, death, etc.) In a situation like this, that's probably what would happen, realistically.
Banishment wouldn't work unless the build was a lot more open than it is. Right now all they can really do is hide in the mutalid cave or labs, both of which are frequented RP spots anyways.

Banishment wouldn't work unless the build was a lot more open than it is. Right now all they can really do is hide in the mutalid cave or labs, both of which are frequented RP spots anyways.
yeah i wanted to make a lone survivor character, someone who stays off alone, but i figured it wouldn't work with a map so tight as it is

True. I think maybe imprisoning people (in a little makeshift cell) or killing them would be the only realistic options. That would make the RP deeper, arguments like this. Wether we should kill people, and if that's our call. Previously normal people, trying to figure out how to maintain order. Clashing morals between the survivors. Leadership struggles. Disputes that don't really have a moral solution, forcing us to question our humanity.

Kinda random but awesome scene from the Walking Dead-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVgihOTKzE

yeah i wanted to make a lone survivor character, someone who stays off alone, but i figured it wouldn't work with a map so tight as it is
I made a crazy guy, and I considered having him run around in quake player, causing havoc, then dissapearing shortly after. But I didn't know where to hide him. :I

True. I think maybe imprisoning people (in a little makeshift cell) or killing them would be the only realistic options. That would make the RP deeper, arguments like this. Wether we should kill people, and if that's our call. Previously normal people, trying to figure out how to maintain order. Clashing morals between the survivors. Leadership struggles. Disputes that don't really have a moral solution, forcing us to question our humanity.

Awesome scene from the Walking Dead-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVgihOTKzE

Imprisoning? For how long? It'd get boring fast, unless there was an escape puzzle (but it'd have to be something that everyone can't learn, it'd have to be randomized or the cells would be useless) The time in this RP is so weird anyway. We used to have people trying to maintain order, resulted in a lot of drama, which was fun. Maybe someone should do that again.

Yeah, the point is, imprisoning wouldn't be fun. That's why you don't break the laws. (It wouldn't be that long though) And mostly the punishment would probably be death.

Psuedo punishment for rping is loving stupid.

Preventing players FROM BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE loving GAME because it doesnt fit in the little perfect world idea you have is handicapped and wont work. i think bluzone as it is is really good and the only things that really need to be added to it is the fist unequips itself when you pick up a melee weapon script and maybe a few more areas. the storyline that the players create is what keeps this fresh, not handicapped artifical extension mechanics.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:11:30 PM by Megaguy2 »

Imprisoning? For how long? It'd get boring fast, unless there was an escape puzzle (but it'd have to be something that everyone can't learn, it'd have to be randomized or the cells would be useless) The time in this RP is so weird anyway. We used to have people trying to maintain order, resulted in a lot of drama, which was fun. Maybe someone should do that again.
Oh you just gave me an incredible idea.  We should act as outcasts and force the survivors to propose leaders by attacking them, not allowing them out of their base, and just being a general threat.

I did something a little like that by acting as a bandit for a while. start off small and commit a few crimes. get known, people will know there's bandits out there and begin to smarten up, beginning to work together.

Oh you just gave me an incredible idea.  We should act as outcasts and force the survivors to propose leaders by attacking them, not allowing them out of their base, and just being a general threat.
Sounds like a plan. Gather a few more people and we can create some temporary new characters.

Also, Artix's "Zombie Survival" is using the Bluzone map. It's just ZAPT I think.

Sounds like a plan. Gather a few more people and we can create some temporary new characters.

Also, Artix's "Zombie Survival" is using the Bluzone map. It's just ZAPT I think.

I'll get on the passworded server and ban him real quick.

Psuedo punishment for rping is loving stupid.

Preventing players FROM BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE loving GAME because it doesnt fit in the little perfect world idea you have is handicapped and wont work. i think bluzone as it is is really good and the only things that really need to be added to it is the fist unequips itself when you pick up a melee weapon script and maybe a few more areas. the storyline that the players create is what keeps this fresh, not handicapped artifical extension mechanics.
Jesus dude... Like I've said... many times now... This isn't about how I as a player want the camp to be like, it's how the characters should want it. Think about it.... In the apocalypse, people in groups would be forced to make laws or guidelines... What's loving stupid is that people run around the camp drunk and kill people and no one gives a stuff. That's unrealistic and makes the RP flat. It simply wouldn't happen... Ever...

Jesus dude... Like I've said... many times now... This isn't about how I as a player want the camp to be like, it's how the characters should want it. Think about it.... In the apocalypse, people in groups would be forced to make laws or guidelines... What's loving stupid is that people run around the camp drunk and kill people and no one gives a stuff. That's unrealistic and makes the RP flat. It simply wouldn't happen... Ever...
Agreed. I think he was mainly countering the jail idea though; our only real option is to kill people in these situations.

I'll get on the passworded server and ban him real quick.

Based on the brick count, I don't think he was using the map.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:51:11 PM by Comatose »