Author Topic: Diablo Megathread - Diablo 3 Released!  (Read 9731 times)

Not to start a huge argument but I decided to look at some gameplay for this game and I can't see why this game is being said to be so amazing. It looks like it could get boring after awhile and not to many things that are special.

It's a hack n' slash dungeon crawler, it appeals to the fans of the genre generally. If you think it's boring, I wouldn't recommend it as it would probably get old for you.

Not to start a huge argument but I decided to look at some gameplay for this game and I can't see why this game is being said to be so amazing. It looks like it could get boring after awhile and not to many things that are special.

I can see how you'd think it gets boring but it doesn't. The main thing that keeps it exciting is rapid progression and extremely random loot, you can just kill a little imp or something in 1 shot and get a mega godly uber item and it gets addicting farming gear. Also you can change your chars abilities on the fly and with the runes and such there seems to be thousands of combinations per class so you can experiment with all kinds of fun builds. Diablo 2 was a lot less than D3 in terms of features and I used to play it like 8-10 hours a day every day for years.

So soon, but so far away.

I am going to stay up and play until I go to work no sleep tonight :)

Have it preorded on amazon. Will be shipped tomorrow, but won't be able to play till like 6-7pm est. Still, going to be sweet.

whats the improvements of content that make it worthwhile as compared to diablo 2?
(besides graphics)

whats the improvements of content that make it worthwhile as compared to diablo 2?
(besides graphics)

Well it has better graphics for one. For 2 it has better graphics.

It's a hack n' slash dungeon crawler, it appeals to the fans of the genre generally. If you think it's boring, I wouldn't recommend it as it would probably get old for you.
"If you think this game is boring, you might get bored of it"?

well i guess ill stay up for the release and see if I can access the server for a while

only two more hours~
forget you central time zone

Can't log in so far I knew blizzard would make me stay up for nothing. Not sure if it's because it's too busy or what because 3 times I have finished connecting and authenticating but then it times out loading character screen.

Too much to ask of Blizzard to prepare the log-in to be able to handle how many people bought the game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:12:02 AM by Visage »

Should I get this? I've never really played the diablo games seriously but should I get this or start out on a previous one?

All the blizzard sites are down so I assume everything has crashed. I mean really this company makes literally millions A DAY is it too much to ask that they have a working log-in system on their game releases. This happens every single WoW expansion.

It's like almost as if it's a popular game with massive amounts of people trying to all login at once or something. Who knew there would be problems?