Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242866 times)

I can't think of any possible use for a black side. I'm not saying there isn't one and that looks like a solid buy in general, I just don't think I've ever seen a black reflector before.
I looked it up, I guess it's just to block light.

every single time I look at the title I think it says "The research Megathread"
every
single
time

every single time I look at the title I think it says "The research Megathread"
every
single
time
perhaps you should start getting out of the house more
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bm2Ypg5.png[/img ]
oh my god my gut hurts now
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:17:30 PM by Brickman »

I've got an old Minolata-370 with two lenses, and a flash. I have never shot film, but I want to try this baby out here pretty soon. Grandma bought it with all the lenses and and flash  for $40. It's got one roll of film in it already shot, where should I get it processed?

I've got an old Minolata-370 with two lenses, and a flash. I have never shot film, but I want to try this baby out here pretty soon. Grandma bought it with all the lenses and and flash  for $40. It's got one roll of film in it already shot, where should I get it processed?

Any pharmacy should still do film.

Also be a man and shoot in B&W film and process it yourself. Or be a macho-man and shoot in color and process it yourself.

Hey Destroyer, that picture of your car's lantern is so loving sweet. :O

I wish I had a great camera :(

Any pharmacy should still do film.

Also be a man and shoot in B&W film and process it yourself. Or be a macho-man and shoot in color and process it yourself.
Where to dark room, wouldn't this take some money, and room?

Where to dark room, wouldn't this take some money, and room?

Any room without windows would work fine, a spacious closet, a bathroom, etc. Bathroom works well because it has running water/drains and such. You could also talk to someone at your school about trying to set something up there.

Also the only particularly expensive thing about a darkroom would be an enlarger. Chemicals and paper will probably run you less than $50 and these need to be purchased new. If you can salvage an enlarger, definitely go that route. Ask around, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, school, church (if you're into that), just, as many old people that you know well. If you can't find anything that way, prowl around Craigslist or eBay for a while, I've seen whole darkroom sets (timer, enlarger, chemical trays) for less than $100. But half the fun of brown townog photography (for me) is trying to work with stuff that's old and half broken, so don't fret if you can't find stuff in tip top shape. As long as it plugs in and gives off light through an enlarging lens, you should be able to jerry-rig something with enough ingenuity.

It was snowing huge ass flakes tonight

pretty old actually. just finished it up yesterday tho.
not my best work, but i like it, just cause i love yellowstone <3

Yellowstone is one place that I don't mind feeling touristy in; that place is incredible.

Yellowstone is one place that I don't mind feeling touristy in; that place is incredible.
agreed lol
i loving love yellowstone

Being a bit of an insomniac has its perks

P1060656 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060648 by TophatC, on Flickr
Both were taken at 4:00 AM after being awake all night.

I also took these:

P1060929 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060549 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060554 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060530 by TophatC, on Flickr

The power went out at like 3am a few days ago. I had a strong urge to just get my camera and wander the completely dark streets, taking long exposure shots by moonlight.

Buuuut it was cold. And I was in a warm bed.

The power went out at like 3am a few days ago. I had a strong urge to just get my camera and wander the completely dark streets, taking long exposure shots by moonlight.

Buuuut it was cold. And I was in a warm bed.
I'm lucky to live far enough away from my town so that its lights don't pollute my long-exposures unless it's cloudy outside. Plus, when it's cloudy it gives the sky to my west a nice yellow hue while the sky to the east looks almost purple.