■ The Photography Megathread ■

Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242904 times)

Too much vignette and poor light on subject. Other than that, solid comp and good photo.

-snip-
I like thiss.

Moon pics!

P1070084 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1070077 by TophatC, on Flickr
Icicles!

P1070017 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1070005 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1070006 by TophatC, on Flickr

I got a manual 50mm lens. (f-stop (1.8-16) and focus are both completely manual) It's far smaller then my 40-150mm so I will most likely start using this over that for more zoomed pictures.

It's a cool little thing and I'm glad I got it for free.

Edit: And I also got a "Haze 1" filter with it, which is now my first filter I've ever owned. Can't wait to try the thing out tomorrow.

It's good that you got it for free; manual focusing lenses are a pain in the ass. I have no problem and even sometimes enjoy the challenge and technical skill in using them on brown townog cameras, it's just that as far as DSLRs are concerned, I expect speed, precision, and perfection. Manual is simply incapable of delivering all those things.

I expect speed, precision, and perfection. Manual is simply incapable of delivering all those things.

Unless you are talking about manual zoom

manual focus is really useful in some situations, but yeah, auto is obviously really nice

Due to recent upgrade, I'm selling a bunch of my old camera stuff.

Price is $700 for the lot or $600 for the camera and $150 for the 35 1.8 if you want to split them up. Message me if you're interested/want more details!

I like coming to look at cool photos on this thread but they take ages to load.

Damn you all and your high-res photos!

“10 OUT OF 10” -Time Magazine

“5 OUT OF 5 One of the greatest pictures ever taken. Period.” -Photorama.net

“5 OUT OF 5 A must see.” -Information Weekly

“Truly Magnificent, I do believe nothing better will come in our life times. A true Tear Jerker.” -Picturecat.tv

POTY

That picture resembles poverty, and how much the many less-fortunate people would give just to be able to eat, or get a hold of, the processed food that we take for granted and sometimes even avoid to stay healthy.

and since it's a potato chip it also says something about the irish, i'm sure.

10/10 game of the year

Astronomy update:

Cheeky little Europa casting a shadow on Jupiter.

Orion via long exposure photo

Orion number 2, several stacked long exposure photos and flipped due to different configuration of lenses

Re-edit of an old pic for submission to a photo contest.