Wind rushing SFX (CLIENT SIDE)

Author Topic: Wind rushing SFX (CLIENT SIDE)  (Read 1612 times)

The noises can be made so only that one client can hear them guys...
I'm pretty sure that's what's entailed by "client-side"

The noises can be made so only that one client can hear them guys...
I'm pretty sure that's what's entailed by "client-side"

That's fine and dandy until somebody builds a key part of the build around it. Then people who don't have the mod join and miss out on a big part of why you built what you did in the first place.

It would be neat as a client side, but it would be useful if it was server sided.

That's fine and dandy until somebody builds a key part of the build around it. Then people who don't have the mod join and miss out on a big part of why you built what you did in the first place.

It would be neat as a client side, but it would be useful if it was server sided.
I had this problem when I was making a spooky castle, and used the 2d music add-on.

I was actually going to use 2D Music as a reference, but decided not to.
Same thing happened here..

dude thats like wind on a jet canopy
originated form a parachute sound effect I had

I was actually going to use 2D Music as a reference, but decided not to.
Same thing happened here..
Or you can just use the built in datablock value to do footsteps with just one line of code.

lol, off topic with footsteps?
anyway, on topic, this shouldn't be too hard to make if there's a sound we can use, as there's a default function to give you the players speed
all it'd need is a loop and an if statement, maybe even a switch statement for different sounds based on speed

Does this mean footstep sounds are possible? How come nobody made them yet?
This would be cool.

I've always wanted footsteps, but ones that sound like shoes on glass when you stand on transparent. :c

Onneee dayyy.

lol, off topic with footsteps?
anyway, on topic, this shouldn't be too hard to make if there's a sound we can use, as there's a default function to give you the players speed
all it'd need is a loop and an if statement, maybe even a switch statement for different sounds based on speed
Whats the function to get the players speed

it's something that sounds obvious but i can't remember it
anyway, kalph gets positions with serverConnection.getControlOb ject().getPosition();, which can then find velocity
i feel like getting velocity is similar, maybe even getVelocity(); instead?

just checked drendran's speedometer, he uses getcontrolobjectspeed();

it's something that sounds obvious but i can't remember it
anyway, kalph gets positions with serverConnection.getControlOb ject().getPosition();, which can then find velocity
i feel like getting velocity is similar, maybe even getVelocity(); instead?

I see now all we need is a sound

EDIT: is this good for sound?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:13:15 PM by Aide33 »

Read it as Wind love.

On Topic: so like when you fall really fast in LBP2.

That would be the correct method yes

Instead just make a playertype involving realistic sounds and using a sprint key such as right click the wind would be slightly louder.