Author Topic: iPod has been stolen, what do I do?-UPDATE: I GOT IT BACK BOYEEEEE!-  (Read 2265 times)

Now do you know why they say don't bring electronics to school?

Also you should have done what I did: Keep it in your pocket. That's why my stuff was never stolen and I always carried a Phone and Pocket Knife (After hearing the 10,000$ fine I was like forget that stuff!)

Point is you should have kept it in your pocket.

I had to take it out to remove the headphones and I was changing my pants. I set it down for 5 seconds.

I had to take it out to remove the headphones and I was changing my pants. I set it down for 5 seconds.
Sounds like you got some untrustworthy classmates :/

Yup. Bunch of eight graders.

Yup. Bunch of eight graders.
I hate it when people steal my stuff. Especially my good stuff. stuff stealers....
I black dude once tried to steal my Ipod. (Lol so stereotypical right? But true)

Dad is pissed, but not at me. If it doesn't turn up by the weeks end we're going to have to get the police involved.

I hate it when people steal my stuff. Especially my good stuff. stuff stealers....
I black dude once tried to steal my Ipod. (Lol so stereotypical right? But true)
Do you ever post in a thread without turning it into telling stories about yourself?

are you really that attention deprived?

Dad is pissed, but not at me. If it doesn't turn up by the weeks end we're going to have to get the police involved.
You'd be better off looking for it now.

Seriously it might still be in the stealer's backpack or something. Don't wait.

-snip-
I just think he was empathizing because he was in a similar situation once.

You'd be better off looking for it now.

Seriously it might still be in the stealer's backpack or something. Don't wait.
The school day has already ended.

I really doubt the police are going to do anything. They don't have the time (or the rights) to like individually search hundreds of kids because one of them lost his iPod.

Another reason why there's no use is because the school day is over. It's at the kid's house probably and, once again, the police aren't going to receive search warrants for every single kid's house to look for an iPod.

I'm pretty sure you stated this but the schools usually have the whole "If you bring your electronic devices to school and lose it, it's your fault" rule.

It wasn't smart to set it down and I cannot even think of any person at my school who would do that. At least you should have put it IN your locker or even IN a pocked of your backpack while you simply took off your shirt or something. Carelessness If I do say so myself.

I bring my iPod because I need something to do for an hour while riding the bus.

There is no reason why people should not bring it to school.

set it to self destruct via itunes

Do you ever post in a thread without turning it into telling stories about yourself?

are you really that attention deprived?
Do you ever post something nice to someone else?

Great idea man, because a off-brand MP4 player totally has internet, picture, video, music, apps, and messaging. Not to mention retina display and the best digitizer touch screen out there.
Ahem.