Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 782332 times)

i want to make my own avatar templates with pixel art in paint.net, but everytime i'm finished they come out as horrible mutations. do you guys have any tips?

i want to make my own avatar templates with pixel art in paint.net, but everytime i'm finished they come out as horrible mutations. do you guys have any tips?

show us what you got?

show us what you got?

used to be an old character template for fairy land, but then it started to look like a horrible endeavour mutation, so that's why i switched to regular endeavour

old character for space invaders 2. it looks so weird D: . i switched to revalier in moment's time.

just a little experiment i did earlier today. i don't know if it's good or not, but it looks a bit weird so.. yeah.

last one would be good if the arms turned into hands and not stumps, if the legs were longer and if the feet were smaller.

last one would be good if the arms turned into hands and not stumps, if the legs were longer and if the feet were smaller.
i think i can arrange that, but the feet are only 2 pixels wide, do you want me to make them 1 pixel only? lol

i think i can arrange that, but the feet are only 2 pixels wide, do you want me to make them 1 pixel only? lol

I guess.

i made a walking animation in graphicsgale. man i'm good

ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR A-ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR

why does his right arm go behind his back

why does his right arm go behind his back

this

the rest of the walking sprite looks okay but the arm isn't supposed to go behind the back

the legs look like blockland's ROBLOX playertype when it walks

the legs look like blockland's ROBLOX playertype when it walks
not really
they're not pillars being absorbed into their torso like purple's sprite

still looks similar though

It's a good start, but I think you should move the arms at the shoulders as well and don't raise them up as much. Think about how you walk normally. You don't really bend your arms, you just swing them a little. Also, when one leg lifts up, the other should move backward so it looks like they're moving forward instead of marching in place.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:12:10 AM by Xinakam »

How does one make a font?