Author Topic: WoW: Beta invite to Mists of Pandaria, and I never signed up for it?  (Read 1150 times)

Title says all.

I'm pretty sure its a scam or a virus of some sorts. Friend got the same thing, he doesn't even play WoW.

why would a wow player want to beta test an expansion? you know you are getting it anyways regardless of how much it could suck or not.
all it does it take away time from grinding on your released version.

why would a wow player want to beta test an expansion? you know you are getting it anyways regardless of how much it could suck or not.
I don't even play WoW anymore, I used too, but I don't.
Thats why im suspicious.

I don't even play WoW anymore, I used too, but I don't.
Thats why im suspicious.
If you didn't sign up for the annual pass, chances are extremely low that you got invited, but I had heard of a few opt-ins getting it.
There are some phishing scams disguised as Beta invites, log in to your battle.net account through the official site, if you did get the beta it would be in their.

Any progress you make on your beta server character doesn't transfer back to the live server.

Log into your battle.net account and see if you have it duh. If you got in you won't need a key or anything it will just be there. If the e-mail says anything otherwise it is a scam.

I dont understand why you would even want to be playing WoW anymore.

It just sucks richard, compared to how it was in vanilla and maybe even BC

I got this same email last week, yet I don't even play WoW.
I checked the website link, and then I got redirected by WoT saying it was a phishing scam.

And that's why the email was already in my spam folder.

I got some spam email a good while ago
it was from the battle.net support email, which was weird, but it was most certainly fake
Any progress you make on your beta server character doesn't transfer back to the live server.
I think that's what he was saying

I used to see a ton of emails regarding World of Warcraft "betas" or "account security update requests".  If the scam networks for WoW get a hold of your email, prepare your inbox's star fish (unless you're like me and you have gmail to filter out every single one of them).  Since getting gmail I haven't seen a single one of those but then again I haven't played WoW since 2010 maybe.

why would a wow player want to beta test an expansion?

usually to practice raids / familiarize with new content

for the more hardcore players that try to get 'world/server first' achievements

I used to see a ton of emails regarding World of Warcraft "betas" or "account security update requests".  If the scam networks for WoW get a hold of your email, prepare your inbox's star fish (unless you're like me and you have gmail to filter out every single one of them).  Since getting gmail I haven't seen a single one of those but then again I haven't played WoW since 2010 maybe.
I get these emails and I don't even have a b.net account.
Thank god hotmail exists.

Guys, want a pic of my spam folder?

I found the one thing people like to spam with more then WoW.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:08:55 PM by Trymos »

I dont understand why you would even want to be playing WoW anymore.

It just sucks richard, compared to how it was in vanilla and maybe even BC
shut the forget up.

Sorry you dont enjoy things others do.

shut the forget up.

Sorry you dont enjoy things others do.
No

Sorry you dont understand the concept of opinion. lol

Xilver got an invite. The appeal is that you get to use it early, Bisjac. You're getting more annoying every post, you used to be cool.

No

Sorry you dont understand the concept of opinion. lol
I understand opinion, but you dont have to be an starfish about it.