Poll

Now that E3 2012 is over, how well did it do?

One of the best E3 ever!
1 (2.1%)
A great E3 this year!
8 (17%)
An average E3, nothing special happend.
15 (31.9%)
An awful E3 this year!
13 (27.7%)
This was one of the worst E3 ever!
10 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: E3 2012 Megathread [E3 is over!]  (Read 43326 times)

the bottom two have been confirmed already

http://kotaku.com/5916047/oh-dear-the-wii-us-controller-battery-only-lasts-for-3+5-hours
http://kotaku.com/5916052/two-controllers-slows-down-your-wii-u-games

Okay. Did any of you notice the Wii U's Charging port? Looks exactly like the DSi.
Plug into wall
charge from there
???
Profit.
As for the second thing, is having 30 fps a bad thing? That's how fast the Nintendo 64 was, and you can't tell the difference between 30 Wii U and 30 N64.
Further proving my point, Kotaku said the 3DS's 3d will "slow down game performance". Noticed any difference?
All in all, I think Kotaku is trying to get you to dislike these new devices.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:29:32 PM by BlockoCrafter »

Day 2 at the Los Angeles Convention Center is starting people! Watch some Live Shows and stare at all that gameplay!

i dont see sim city 5...

arma 3 all day

then when get tired of arma

planetside all day

then when get tired of planetside

lost planet all day

then maybe far cry, crysis, borderlands, aliens, star wars, splinter cell, dead space, star trek, halo, assasins creed yes please gimme gimme

wtf when did arma 3 become some stuffty zombie game.. at least the noobs will play zombies so they dont bother me playing the real game.

Okay. Did any of you notice the Wii U's Charging port? Looks exactly like the DSi.
Plug into wall
charge from there
???
Profit.
As for the second thing, is having 30 fps a bad thing? That's how fast the Nintendo 64 was, and you can't tell the difference between 30 Wii U and 30 N64.
Further proving my point, Kotaku said the 3DS's 3d will "slow down game performance". Noticed any difference?
Yes, the 3D does decrease performance, and you would notice if devs would switch out graphics when in 3D mode.

Yes, the 3D does decrease performance, and you would notice if devs would switch out graphics when in 3D mode.
I dunno, It seemed no slower to me.

Plug into wall
charge from there
???
Profit.

i was just providing a "source" for the bottom two
honestly none of those four points niven posted are a bad thing for me, i really want to know where the $380 price came from though

my price range guess was anywhere from $300-$400

Pre-ordered AC:3 from gamestop yesterday

Did anyone see any gameplay of Lost Planet 3? Blehgh looks loving terrible. Same people who made legendary and that CoD stuff rip off. LP1 was my favorite :(.

On another note, anyone see Watch_Dogs? stuff looked amazing!

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-price-and-launch-date-coming-tomorrow/
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/06/new-3ds-wii-u-price-leak/

okay, so US pricetag is not confirmed yet. just speculated guesses.
I remember the 3DS yen-to-us guess was around $300+ (every blog/news website guess was around $300 too), they retailed for $250 and quickly brought it down to $170 (though that was due to bad sales I believe)

I did some figures many months ago and I believe I came to point that Nintendo chops off roughly $50, so since 30,000 Yen = ~$379.22 it's plausible to assume it will retail for $350 (gotta round up to nearest 50! lol)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:00:42 PM by Blastdown »

okay, so it's not confirmed yet. just speculated guesses.
I remember the 3DS yen-to-us guess was around $300+ (every blog/news website guess was around $300 too), they retailed for $250 and quickly brought it down to $170 (though that was due to bad sales I believe)

I did some figures many months ago and I believe I came to point that Nintendo chops off roughly $50, so since 30,000 Yen = ~$379.22 it's plausible to assume it will retail for $350 (gotta round up to nearest 50! lol)
its still high for a tablet with buttons

Anyone watching Machinima's Live Show? The random skits they show from time to time is so funny you'll laugh your head off! :D

wtf when did arma 3 become some stuffty zombie game.. at least the noobs will play zombies so they dont bother me playing the real game.

since that stuff dayz mod came out arma 2 became a bestseller

now everyone refers to it as A ZOMBIE GAME!!!!!!

bullstuff if you ask me, arma is a great mil sim not another friend-ass apocalypse game

its still high for a tablet with buttons

i would feel more sorry for people who actually paid $600 for the ps3