Author Topic: Build zone  (Read 874 times)

Ok I think there there should be a trigger that can be placed in the world editor that only allows building in the zone and no where outside the zone. this would be helpful to stop spam in builds on slate and other maps.

This is actually a quite snazy idea! I can only think of one problem: Noobs. If a newb was hosting and had this and wanted to use it, but didn't have f11 or common sence, they would ask alll sorts of dumb questions on how to get it working, and end up never getting it to work.

I think the best bet would be, to make it a wand-type-deal. Have it so you hit certain plates/bricks with a wand that makes them the only things you can build on. To place the plates/bricks would be super admin/admin only.

But, I do like the idea, I want it! (good for rpg's/cities)

This is actually a quite snazy idea! I can only think of one problem: Noobs. If a newb was hosting and had this and wanted to use it, but didn't have f11 or common sence, they would ask alll sorts of dumb questions on how to get it working, and end up never getting it to work.
[...]
I bet we could fix this problem if it was essentially a "hidden feature" that can only be taught by somebody else who knows it... (think slash commands, very few n00bs know any of them.... besides /wand anyway)
Even so, PWNAGE idea. We need this.
Although you COULD just trap everyone in a giant box or something, then inviso-paint it so nobody notices it til they try to get out, but this seems like an easier thing to do...

Yes, but you could place a brick at the "Edge" of the box and move it out with numpad.

What if it was limited to the mission area, like Bleh7777's old one? (Brick costs outside area)

It wouldn't need any F11/etc, just "Inside the map no repeats" and you can place.

[...]
I bet we could fix this problem if it was essentially a "hidden feature" that can only be taught by somebody else who knows it... (think slash commands, very few n00bs know any of them.... besides /wand anyway)
Even so, PWNAGE idea. We need this.
Although you COULD just trap everyone in a giant box or something, then inviso-paint it so nobody notices it til they try to get out, but this seems like an easier thing to do...
And put it around the spawn point? Brilliant!