Author Topic: Port forwarding, just with my router  (Read 962 times)

I completely hate this router I have. I have done every single thing I can to try and portforward, but this router decides to tell me "nope" every time. I've been wanting to host Minecraft servers, but I have to use Hamachi all the time and it sucks. So, what I am asking is, are there any programs or services (free) out there that I can portforward with, that will work with a router that hates me?

Also, if anyone would like to know, my router is an SMC8014WN router.

What brand?

SMC / SMC8014WN. I have read up that these routers will sometimes be messed up with port forwarding.

What do you mean "just with my router"?

Do you have a seperate router to your modem, or two routers? The setup is more complicated but do-able.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:40:02 AM by Sheath »

What do you mean "just with my router"?

Do you have a seperate router to your modem, or two routers? The setup is more complicated but do-able.

I mean it in a way that this isn't a problem most have, even with the same router as me. It really sucks. We even had someone who works with the router specifically try to set us up some ports, but it didn't work.

Have you made sure Windows isn't blocking the program? Did you confirm that you are using the right IP details? Do you have a dynamic IP? Do you need to use a WAN IP if you have a separate modem or additional router?

Nothing like people asking for help without giving any information as to what their problem is besides a set of irrelevant metaphors.

Have you made sure Windows isn't blocking the program? Did you confirm that you are using the right IP details? Do you have a dynamic IP? Do you need to use a WAN IP if you have a separate modem or additional router?
I've gone to a house with a different router, portforwarded and it worked. Did the same thing over with this router, and it didn't work. Don't know what's wrong here.

Nothing like people asking for help without giving any information as to what their problem is besides a set of irrelevant metaphors.

I gave one metaphor, and the only problem is that it doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong, everything has been done right. I'm not doing anything wrong on my side. It's a longshot, but I'm asking if there's a chance something exists so I can get past my router portforwarding because it simply does not work.

I have a belkin but I persuaded my dad into getting another one.
I can only choose from a preset list of games to port forward from with the one we have right now and Blockland isn't on it.

I have a belkin but I persuaded my dad into getting another one.
I can only choose from a preset list of games to port forward from with the one we have right now and Blockland isn't on it.

It's easy to port forward.
Look:

Easy

I've gone to a house with a different router, portforwarded and it worked. Did the same thing over with this router, and it didn't work. Don't know what's wrong here.

Interesting. Its hard to say since I don't know much about your router, but you should consider if any other settings are influencing the port forward. Have you tried resetting the router to factory default, and reconfiguring it?

Update your firmware. Make sure you have a static IP address assigned to your computer from your router configuration page.

One does not simply forward Port.

Interesting. Its hard to say since I don't know much about your router, but you should consider if any other settings are influencing the port forward. Have you tried resetting the router to factory default, and reconfiguring it?
Tried everything. Found no solutions.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Or not.
Update your firmware. Make sure you have a static IP address assigned to your computer from your router configuration page.
I'll try that.