Author Topic: Elevators  (Read 1859 times)

There needs to be an elevator thingie that goes up and down on stilts or whatever.  New events could include where to stop the elevator, start the elevator, kill the elevator, etc.

Stop posting threads before searching! Seriously...

Never seen it, but I can try. I doubt there are elevator events, though.

Use search first.
and gtfo pls.

Elevators will not break

%elevator = new StaticShape()
   {
      datablock = GlassA;
      position = setWord(%brick.getPosition(),2,getWord(%brick.getPosition(),2)+0.1);
      rotation = "1 0 0 90";
      scale = %size;
      el_parentbrick = %brick;
      indestructable = 1;
   };

StaticShape ≠ (=/=) to  Interiors

You know what.

How about we dont worry about using vehicles or static shapes, and just use complex, brick-made elevators.  You don't even see elevators move in real life (except for them fancy glass elevators), you only ever stand in a box and see the inside.

I find this better because you can also make your elevator look how you want it.

You know what.

How about we dont worry about using vehicles or static shapes, and just use complex, brick-made elevators.  You don't even see elevators move in real life (except for them fancy glass elevators), you only ever stand in a box and see the inside.

I find this better because you can also make your elevator look how you want it.
Good point.

Elevators will not break

%elevator = new StaticShape()
   {
      datablock = GlassA;
      position = setWord(%brick.getPosition(),2,getWord(%brick.getPosition(),2)+0.1);
      rotation = "1 0 0 90";
      scale = %size;
      el_parentbrick = %brick;
      indestructable = 1;
   };

StaticShape ≠ (=/=) to  Interiors
saaaaved.
so all that needs to be fixed now is the elevator bricks themselves.
Wait
What if.

Like when the brick loads, it uses an addon to tell the brick to create a new static shape upon loading.

as far as i know elevators are an actual interior, i heard somewhere in the shadows vs shaders thread that they would no longer work in v21 because of this

There aren't even any .dif files in the elevator add-on folder. Whoever told you this was making stuff up.

Like when the brick loads, it uses an addon to tell the brick to create a new static shape upon loading.
It already does in the main script : /

I got the reference :) Willy Wonka
WILLY WONKA ELEVATOR

Didn't Kalph make some?

Didn't Kalph make some?
He did and there have been multiple links on this topic to them.

Why not use Kalphiter's Elevators? Unless they dont work anymore.

http://blockland.kalphiter.com/add-ons/download.php?filename=Server_Elevators

EDIT: Sorry for the giant bump, lol

EDIT 2: forget, I didn't read the whole topic >.<