Author Topic: Best Game Booster?  (Read 1570 times)

I'm trying to find a good game booster to boost my game FPS. I'm currently downloading Second Life and i'm not assured that it will work fine on my PC even though its new.

Is Game Booster good? Or is there another good one?

the best one is custom computer optimization
if you want it done well, do it yourself
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/optimize-computer-gaming/

Best game booster?

New graphics card/upgrade PC

lol none of these are very good. literally all they do is turn off things you don't need running which you could honestly just do yourself.

what Messes said is very true.

Game booster does help, but it's unneeded if you just do it yourself.

I like it.

Good luck with going through every loving thing to turn off stuff everytime you want to play a game.

if you want it done well, do it yourself
unless you don't know stuff. in which case leave it to someone who does

game booster does nothing but close most of your programs that 'lag/low fps' you/.

it might boost your game a little bit but nothing to serious lol.

SwiftShader might work but i'm not sure with Steam games. It's because you put a DLL in the game files and it gives a huge FPS boost. So don't try it with Steam games unless you know you won't get VAC'd.

Get a better computer.

SwiftShader might work but i'm not sure with Steam games. It's because you put a DLL in the game files and it gives a huge FPS boost. So don't try it with Steam games unless you know you won't get VAC'd.
It just removes like all shaders lol.

On my asus computer, a whole bunch of stuff pops up at start up so i use gamebooster to clear that stuff up.

its good.

gamebooster is awesome. it dosnt just close processes. it temporarily closes tons of windows services you dont need (while gaming) and can instantly put them all back on.

this is not something a user cant do on his own, as you need half of them when not gaming, and cant be assed to disable and reenable 30 things each time you game.
gamebooster does it all in 1 click.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:09:51 PM by Bisjac »

Gamebooster 3 is the best thing I've ever downloaded, it stops those annoying windows pop-ups and actually helps, I say yes.I recommend you get the latest beta version.

Sometimes, when I open a game in Steam, when I close it, Gamebooster closes Steam.