Author Topic: playR.org - Play old school games, for free!  (Read 19921 times)

http://playr.org

"Get nostalgic with some old school games!"

Playr is a website you can go to to play old school games for gameboy color and other systems. There's tons to play, like Fighting, Roleplaying, Racing, Shooting, Action, Adventure, Platform, etc. And best of all, you can play them all for free! All you have to do is make an account.

I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Blue.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:56:29 PM by Bahamut »

'Tis it legal, my friend?

He doesn't look legal.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:51:38 PM by CreamTurk3y »

I know emulators are legal as long as you own the game otherwise. Unless I'm mistaken, someone correct me if I am.

Yes it's legal, from what I know.

I know emulators are legal as long as you own the game otherwise. Unless I'm mistaken, someone correct me if I am.
Does it count if I used to own it? Cause I see croc 2 on here and that is a loving nostalgia bomb.

Also, let's all play pokemon red/green. FIRST ONE TO LAVENDER TOWN WINS!!!

Also, let's all play pokemon red/green. FIRST ONE TO LAVENDER TOWN WINS!!!
I'm past it on blue ;)
I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Crystal.
Crap, just realized I put Crystal. I meant to put blue.
lol

doesn't work with gamepads, god damn it.

Something seems wrong here.....

You are mistaken.  It's only legal if you rip the game yourself, or if you're running the game from a cartridge with something like a Retrode.

You are mistaken.  It's only legal if you rip the game yourself, or if you're running the game from a cartridge with something like a Retrode.

If you own the game, they'd have a tough time proving you DIDN'T rip it from your cart. If you own the game and you don't have the technology, it's fine if you download it. You are never going to get in legal trouble if you own the game itself.

Well I shouldn't say never considering how stuff companies are about 'lost revenue'

are select and start not working together for anyone else? i had to bind them to arrow keys for them to run.

If you own the game, they'd have a tough time proving you DIDN'T rip it from your cart. If you own the game and you don't have the technology, it's fine if you download it. You are never going to get in legal trouble if you own the game itself.

Well I shouldn't say never considering how stuff companies are about 'lost revenue'
It's not too hard to see that you downloaded it from a site. How do people know you downloaded the music in those piracy cases?

Totally illegal lol.

I just spent about 30 minutes reading a discussion/argument about the legality of this and I still don't know if this is legal or not.