Author Topic: Y u guys no start a community build?  (Read 1771 times)

phydeoux has been hosting one on and off for weeks.

I have crap internet, and a crap PC. No one will enjoy that.I have 8 people in my RTB friend list. They're barely online. (this includes tomtom)
That's like nothing...
Many people have over 100

i friend people on RTB who are my friends.

That's like nothing...
Many people have over 100
I know a guy on roblox who has 3400+ friends. I have 7. I think that accepting and sending friend requests to everyone just to have many friends is the stupidest thing to do with something that has a friend list.

phydeoux has been hosting one on and off for weeks.
He has?

Community builds don't work, because if it's just an open build, there's way more that will abuse it, than those that will treat it like they should.

If you want to be part of something, ask somebody you know to start a project.

I used to actually lead a project, but then was abandoned when I thinked about it and realised how incredibly crappy the idea was. No one minded. :)

And, in that case, who wants to start a project? Eventer as good as VCE minus 1 (everything but 'em), and a pretty good builder here.

I was thinking maybe we could have a project to make this...

...but way bigger and with moar details and pretty n stuff. Basically, a futuristic base, top of the art, prefferably suspended like this.

Drake's House Build server and Wedges Island server are both community builds.

Most of the projects I try to jumpstart are community builds, and they are very hard to run effectively.  I'm incredibally surprised how well Bushido's Collab city went, because that crap got finished in a few weeks and it was huge (and there was always progress being made, even with as many people goofing off as there were)  Out of the tons of community projects I have tried to start in my years of Blockland, I think there was only one or two that even got to 3/4ths of the way done.

I do agree though, I love community projects and I wish there were more of them.  Not just things like Badspot's Block Party or Wedge's BYOB (Which I do love as well) but more things like Bushi and Eksi's Collab City.

I'm gonna double post cause I actually read through the topic so now I'm gonna reply to people B)

Hmm, how about you had to prove yourself a bit before being allowed in? You'd also need a little bit of eventing experience, more if you want to event srs stuff.
This doesn't work very well.  All the community builds that I tried this in are usually the ones that died earliest.  The ones that did best (and the ones I've seen do best) let people build exactly where a build was needed.  If it sucked it was deleted and replaced with something else.

Community builds are usually freebuilds with a theme.
Not really.  Community builds have a certain goal and then the community works to achieve it.  Ex: Make a city.  Community-based Freebuilds are just "Everyone build some terrain and put whatever you want on it."  Servs like Badspot's and Wedge's.

Why you complain that noone is hosting a specific server
/DoItYourself
Hosting is hard and directing a project is harder.  Community builds need a really good 24/7 or ALMOST 24/7 server that doesn't lag.  Not many people have access to that/don't want to pay for it.

Drake's House Build server and Wedges Island server are both community builds.
Read the thread some more. We'll all be working on the same thing.
Most of the projects I try to jumpstart are community builds, and they are very hard to run effectively.  I'm incredibally surprised how well Bushido's Collab city went, because that crap got finished in a few weeks and it was huge (and there was always progress being made, even with as many people goofing off as there were)  Out of the tons of community projects I have tried to start in my years of Blockland, I think there was only one or two that even got to 3/4ths of the way done.

I do agree though, I love community projects and I wish there were more of them.  Not just things like Badspot's Block Party or Wedge's BYOB (Which I do love as well) but more things like Bushi and Eksi's Collab City.

Maybe you could start a project?
I'm gonna double post cause I actually read through the topic so now I'm gonna reply to people B)
This doesn't work very well.  All the community builds that I tried this in are usually the ones that died earliest.  The ones that did best (and the ones I've seen do best) let people build exactly where a build was needed.  If it sucked it was deleted and replaced with something else.
Works for me.

Maybe you could start a project?
When v21 eventually comes out I'm going to start hosting my Demo Ruins build again and try to get it finished.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=161998.0

It was pretty much a community build but we had a few members who helped out more often than most.

When v21 eventually comes out I'm going to start hosting my Demo Ruins build again and try to get it finished.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=161998.0

It was pretty much a community build but we had a few members who helped out more often than most.
God knows when v21 will come out, host it now! :D

God knows when v21 will come out, host it now! :D
Lol

I'm busy tomorrow and the day after, but perhaps over the weekend I'll give in and host it ;P

Funny, I just started a city collab/RP/whatever now.