Author Topic: Bot Pathmarks  (Read 1058 times)

The idea is a brick wich is invisable, it actually is like a node, it senses if another of that brick is close to it without a brick being in middle of them.
So a brick that can sense players or bots, at best it would be if you can pick what it must detect.
That would add a feature to make better RPG's with bots, or Zombie games, Or even a cops and robbers with bots as dogs.

Zone bricks?
No, zonebricks can sense where a player is but they cant let a bot follow the player

Bot events.

no, that makes a issue that bots go walk to walls if you are behind it

i mean that a bot easly can walk without the wall issue and that it follows even from a long range to all directions a player is

No, zonebricks can sense where a player is but they cant let a bot follow the player
what do you want what ever it is to do?

what do you want what ever it is to do?
i try to explain: it is a zone brick wich sends out a kind of invisable laser,.. if it hits a zone brick without a brick being there it will be a "Path", bots can use paths to walk to a player.
As long there are no one of that like bricks, if you got a idea like a event you can show me if want, but i dont know any way to do that.

i try to explain: it is a zone brick wich sends out a kind of invisable laser,.. if it hits a zone brick without a brick being there it will be a "Path", bots can use paths to walk to a player.
As long there are no one of that like bricks, if you got a idea like a event you can show me if want, but i dont know any way to do that.
OH i ce good idea
/support
how ever as far as i know BL could not make paths

OH i ce good idea
/support
how ever as far as i know BL could not make paths
i seen it on several games, like Zombiecraft mod for Minecraft
a example of what i mean with pathfinding: http://gamesitb.com/pathgraham.pdf

Port is working on a Blockland AI that can pathfind.

good, but what kind of AI is it? and does it requires anything? does it works like a bot?
whatever, i hope it is done soon, but i think it will have alot of bugs badly
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:58:03 AM by DionBraan »

Blockland is indeed capable of pathfinding bots.

good, but what kind of AI is it? and does it requires anything? does it works like a bot?
whatever, i hope it is done soon, but i think it will have alot of bugs badly
Like a player. It can even detect sounds, but not state sounds.

lol, someone finally suggests pathnodes.

Problem: He's port.