Author Topic: Cortex Command B27 - "See you, enemy dropstuff! OH forget NOT THE BRAIN"  (Read 11359 times)

Too lazy to make a good OP so i'll just soup up Tom's:

What is it?

It's a physics-based 2D side-scrolling shooter with crabs, pixel graphics, crabs, mod ability, crabs, lots of gamemodes, crabs...

Screenshots

Story

Earth was over.

Once peaceful, our world was awash in bloodshed, wracked by wars backed by holy men. It was humanity's darkest hour, and the boldest decisions were simply all we had left.

Forged in the rush of war, a curious symbiosis between man and machine formed. Our numbers bleeding away, technology enabled the survivors to control robots and clones from safety. And in the end, we found our bodies an obsolete constraint, and cast them off. Brain and mind interfaced with machines, we became more spirit than flesh-- one person living through many bodies.

And in this new form we attained escape from the corpse of our world. Interstellar rocket ships for the decades-long flights to reach new worlds became common once life support for entire bodies was unnecessary.

Fleeing into the dark unknown, humanity discovered it was not alone, but also not important. Humanity struggled for acceptance in this alien community, eventually forging the Orion Spur Amalgam. Interstellar trade flourished, and with it came rapid expansion. As the era of faster-than-light dawned, humanity could live again in peace and prosperity.

But human nature wasn't cast off as easily. For every city and space station compounded the ever-growing hunger for resources. Worlds were stripped in civilized sectors where law ensured conquest by the highest bidder. So all eyes turned outward, to star systems where no law existed but what you could enforce.

As the gold rush brings commanders from several rival groups to one such world beyond the far eastern fringes of the OSA, all prepare to assume... Cortex Command.

Links

Downloads

Recommended Mods:
Hueg Pack o' Mods
Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Tech
Whitty's Wonderful Mods
The Pelian Army
They Hunger / Findude's Armory
(quoting Squideey, serious is boring)
 (obligatory FOR THE EMPRAH shout)
 (forget the laws of physics)
 (HPoM with more srs bsns, also a BIG ♥♥♥♥ ROBOT)
 (Hint on beating the zombiebots: You don't)

Discuss.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:47:49 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Love this game to bits

Whenever I'm bored I always play this.

I'm gonna try this game again. It was pretty fun the first time but I never really got around to playing it for more than like 10 minutes.

appearently it's gonna be on Steam

We could do a competition where the host chooses a mod and people choose who they want to represent in it (along with what weapons they use) and vote on the map, aaand possibly suggest what base should they have and what traps should be in it. Then the host does a match and screencaps every minute of it, until everyone dies.

WHOA WAIT WHAT? THEY UPDATED IT?

WHOA WAIT WHAT? THEY UPDATED IT?
YES
THEY ALSO UPDATED THE HUMBLE BUNDLE 2 LINK
CAPS LOCK

This game needs to be more known.
It is one of the best war/physic/whatever games out there in my opinion, although it does have some bugs, witch is to expect.

Did they fix the walking yet?

Did they fix the walking yet?

Still tripping on everything, so, no.

This game needs to be more known.
It is one of the best war/physic/whatever games out there in my opinion, although it does have some bugs, witch is to expect.

This, all of my this.

Did b27 update for Humble Bundle?

astounding game, i would spend hours just in a single map to reign down hell to capture my enemies bases and destroy their brains

yeah the game is underrated, especially the soundtrack-which is a good spar of ambience for the location of the game

Did b27 update for Humble Bundle?
yes

The campaign mode is really fun. Data01 (lead dev or something like that) made an hour long video showing it off. clicky

I love this game, the only thing I hate is how awkward the walking is.