Author Topic: Rage Face wat  (Read 1998 times)

Be warned. This may induce massive rage.

I don't get why people hate this so much.
It's kinda corny but they pretty much admit how stupid memes can be. We can't expect memes to just stay unpopular forever, especially the ones we love a lot. The media and little kids will pick up on em and spread them around, there's not much we can do. In the end it's our own fault. :\

I don't get why people hate this so much.
It's kinda corny but they pretty much admit how stupid memes can be. We can't expect memes to just stay unpopular forever, especially the ones we love a lot. The media and little kids will pick up on em and spread them around, there's not much we can do. In the end it's our own fault. :\
Mainly it's that they're not trying to show us that memes are stupid. They're trying to use them (overuse) genuinely because they don't have any ideas for stuff. It's sort of generally known that it's better for internet material to stay on the internet and television to stay on television. We don't have minecraft commentaries on TV (we shouldn't see sad attempts of memes on TV), and on YouTube and such "shows" don't follow TV guidelines and have more freedom.

i recall that cartoon network has an annoying orange TV show now.

i recall that cartoon network has an annoying orange TV show now.

yes...only watching it for tobuscus

This post induced Deja Vu for some reason.
Dany777, perhaps?

The day Media discovered the Internet was known as "The Dark Days"

Dany777, perhaps?

No, the sort of Deja Vu which is like, "Hold up, I've been through this before."

Mainly it's that they're not trying to show us that memes are stupid. here
They're trying to use them (overuse) genuinely because they don't have any ideas for stuff. It seems more like an attempt at satire to me. Maybe they realized meme culture is manifesting in real life (just look at rage faces. they're loving everywhere now, especially umadbro) and they made an attempt to joke about that. The reason MAD is particularly successful is because its got slightly higher-brow comedy (as in for 10-13 year olds) than the rest of the channel, so they probably hoped it'd be perceived well but it didn't. Who knows.
It's sort of generally known that it's better for internet material to stay on the internet and television to stay on television. It seems to me that's only the opinion of people on the internet. People who rage about memes outside of the internet because they think it's some sort of super secret club or something. You can't have a super secret club without having people wanting to join in. This behavior appeals to preteens the most so it only makes sense that it would appear on cartoon network.
We don't have minecraft commentaries on TV (we shouldn't see sad attempts of memes on TV), and on YouTube and such "shows" don't follow TV guidelines and have more freedom. Minecraft commentaries aren't necessarily a meme and I don't see how they tie in here.