Poll

How should we release the beta?

TF2 update to update
38 (46.9%)
By class
43 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: TF2 WEAPON SET -- RIP FOR NOW  (Read 29659 times)

Ben finish the models so you can yell at Rykuta to finish it faster and laugh in his face  :cookieMonster:

Ben finish the models so you can yell at Rykuta to finish it faster and laugh in his face  :cookieMonster:
Wont happen that way >:P

Fun Fact: Programmers are lazy. Its true you know.
  • Programming was originally invented by lazy mathematicians who didn't like spending time on incredibly redundant and complex problems.
  • Programmers like to put nearly every single word they use into an abbreviated form. (Integer is abbreviated to Int, Object is abbreviated Obj, etc..
  • Programmers stress small/efficient code, because inefficient code makes their jobs longer and more tedious.
Best Example Of A Lazy Programmer I can Think Of:

Who we can all thank for finishing TF2 and giving us some cool weapons to model and remake.
And also for not releasing Episode 3.

Just like writing, programmers need motivation to sit down and draw up code, I remember once I told myself I had to churn out a fancy ass RP code for derroith's Jail. I sat there for about an hour, just kinda staring at the screen, until suddenly I began to think that "Hey, I'm hungry" so I go to get some food. As I'm eating the food, I begin to wonder what would happen if I began to choke to death, and what everyone would do without me, then I began to imagine that I'd have to write up a will at some point. So I sat back down to write my will, but stared at the screen for another hour...

YES love PLS

ALSO:
I didn't get to giving an update last night, something happened.  Currently I am just waiting on the scripting people to get some velocity issues squared away and then we can start really cranking out weps for testing.

Ben should update the media.

Like, right now.

Doit.

Will you make weapons like the rocket jumper and sticky jumper, that would be cool, flying out of the air landing on someone
Also,
Foot items, like mantreads or stuff

Will you make weapons like the rocket jumper and sticky jumper, that would be cool, flying out of the air landing on someone
Also,
Foot items, like mantreads or stuff
Options On How Do This
  • Item that Occupies inventory space, click with item out to equip. (+Allows Multiple Items To Be Equipped At Once. -Takes up Inventory Space)
  • Playertype Oriented (+No Inventory Items Nessisary -Needs a playertype for every special mountable and combinations of mountables (Boots + Sheild).)
  • Item with special properties that when you pick it up, rather than going into your inventory, it just sets the foot item. (Also would include support for addItem and setinventory events.) (+Allows Multiple Items To Be Equipped At Once. +No Inventory Items Nessisary. -Most complicated method.)
Which one would be better? YOU DECIDE!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:07:46 PM by Rykuta »

Playertype Oriented

Which one would be better? YOU DECIDE!
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

don't you die on me thread