Author Topic: I need help convincing my mom that Battlefield 3 is just a game.  (Read 4629 times)

I don't think his mom will thin any different just because the game has evolved.
But the game is going to be old news in a year

smack her into submission
this will only prove her point.

tell her that everyone blames violence on videogames, but when a gamer does something good no one seems to care.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:32:05 AM by Skateaton 2.0 »

Show her the 0's of scientific studies that exist that say video games are linked to violent behavior.

tell her that everyone blames violence on videogames, but when a gamer does something good no one seems to care.
there was a post on PA about the untold story of video game violence, where a 15 year old boy killed a homeless man and the media immediately brought it on video games, but the parents of the child tell their side of the story and how the child is just a liar who hardly even plays video games/was violent before them. Also, tell her that a game like battlefield will get you to defend your country more then ruin it with violence.

Wait, what? Why do you need recongition for your good turns to be satisfieing, knowing that you are helping the better of Humanity and working towards achieveing greater isn't enough? Also, of course people will notice when you do something wrongful, it's completely unorthidox(Based on the personality of the person who commited the offense).

reported for what?

i called you a loving idiot, thats not reportable, you loving idiot.
Heh, how about flaming me?

Heh, how about flaming me?

People have said worse to one another around here and not been banned.

there was a post on PA about the untold story of video game violence, where a 15 year old boy killed a homeless man and the media immediately brought it on video games, but the parents of the child tell their side of the story and how the child is just a liar who hardly even plays video games/was violent before them. Also, tell her that a game like battlefield will get you to defend your country more then ruin it with violence.
No, no, you'll probally develop a addiction if you are motivated to play enough and probally spend a lot of time there, that's what I always do and I cannot pull myself away from it, video games are only good in moderation, look, anyway, if you really want this game, tell your mom that you will be vigilant to school and set a time clock, that will most likely raise your chances indefinitely.

People have said worse to one another around here and not been banned.
You're right, just you just love the internet...

Pfft, I play games much worse than Bf3 all the time, and I havent changed at all. Im still Lusk.

Broze I mean this in the least hostile way when I say you should probably step away from the forums for a while.

Pfft, I play games much worse than Bf3 all the time, and I havent changed at all. Im still Lusk.
Try 16-hours a day... everyday... I don't like this life of isolation in my room, it's just that the game has lighted a couple of neural passage ways in my brain that crave it, for the love of god play in moderatoration...

Try 16-hours a day... everyday... I don't like this life of isolation in my room, it's just that the game has lighted a couple of neural passage ways in my brain that crave it, for the love of god play in moderatoration...
I stay on my computer playing games of such manor pretty much all day, for the past week. Im perfectly sane.

I'm glad you've found enough satisfaction in life to find balance.

(Friendly Test)

Walk away from the keyboard for 20 minutes?

--Is your heart heavy?
--Do you feel less satisfied?
--Do you feel you need to come back?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:24:57 AM by Broze »

I'm glad you've found enough satisfaction in life to find balance.
I try not to let my computer completely suck my soul out, but its hard sometimes :3