Author Topic: I finally realized something.  (Read 2549 times)

Being depressed is a sign of weakness. You will nevet succeed in life unless you realize that.

Yeeeaaaah.
er
what does age change about having a girlfriend

I know this feeling. I'm supersorry for you. cwatididthar

Depression is a cruel mistress. To everyone calling him an emo, you do realize he's probably been holding these feelings in for quite a while, and needs some way to relay it. Realize that not everyone has the same sense of control that you do.

Teenage depression is impossible to take seriously. You're living in a free country, receiving a mandatory education, have a roof over your head, etc. If you really feel that bad for yourself with such a privileged life then go to therapy or have a doctor prescribe you medication for your depression.

And don't let the fact that you'll never make a difference in the world bring you down. Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" explains that. Instead of moping around feeling sorry for yourself because no one will remember you in a century, live life to the fullest.

And stop listening to The Wall, it's stereotyped as a super depressing album. If it depresses you, don't listen to it. It isn't about you, it's semi-fictional, and it's only depressing if you want it to be. Why not listen to Floyd's happier albums? Piper, Meddle, Momentary Lapse, and Division Bell all have super cheery songs on them.

Listen to some grindcore and punch holes in the wall.

And stop listening to The Wall, it's stereotyped as a super depressing album. If it depresses you, don't listen to it. It isn't about you, it's semi-fictional, and it's only depressing if you want it to be. Why not listen to Floyd's happier albums? Piper, Meddle, Momentary Lapse, and Division Bell all have super cheery songs on them.
I'm sorry, for listening to what i want. Music doesn't make me depressed, it cheers me up. and helps me sleep.

You are what you dream to be. You can only accomplish goals if you believe in yourself. Working hard and being dedicated can bring you great success in the future. Also, fame and fortune, as well as "being something" isn't handed to you. Remember!

If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

I'm sorry, for listening to what i want. Music doesn't make me depressed, it cheers me up. and helps me sleep.

Then by all means blast The Wall constantly.

What I would do is tell my parents to go forget themselves

So you're depressed because you have a computer, you've had 3 girlfriends in the last summer, you have had access to a school system for free, you have a heated/cooled house and a warm bed to sleep in, two parents who love you and don't neglect you, your whole life ahead of you, and access to the forums? Oh my God, get this man out of this abuse!
oh my gosh
YES PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HAVE IT WORSE THAN YOU
THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE UPSET ABOUT THINGS

What I would do is tell my parents to go forget themselves

He said his parents don't neglect him. He's complaining - whoops, I mean "expressing his feelings" that they don't "appreciate" him for the things he does around the house that a kid his age should do without feeling the need to get some reward or satisfaction from others. It's called the real world.

He's fifteen, he doesn't need a god damn girlfriend. Let alone three to mope around about.

Everybody loses people close to them like family members, most people get over it and don't act like they're the only one that this happens to and that their life sucks.

Friends come and go. When you're an adult they're not going to be a huge chunk of your life, you won't be having little play-dates with them after work.

Like Mega-Bear said, typical teenage "depression" stuff where you overlook the positive and focus on the negative when there really isn't that much negative and you're overreacting and blah blah blah.

He said his parents don't neglect him. He's complaining - whoops, I mean "expressing his feelings" that they don't "appreciate" him for the things he does around the house that a kid his age should do without feeling the need to get some reward or satisfaction from others. It's called the real world.

He's fifteen, he doesn't need a god damn girlfriend. Let alone three to mope around about.

Everybody loses people close to them like family members, most people get over it and don't act like they're the only one that this happens to and that their life sucks.

Friends come and go. When you're an adult they're not going to be a huge chunk of your life, you won't be having little play-dates with them after work.

Like Mega-Bear said, typical teenage "depression" stuff where you overlook the positive and focus on the negative when there really isn't that much negative and you're overreacting and blah blah blah.
Have you lost half your family in one year? all the ones you go to for advice? Did you lose all the friends that actually gave a crap about you? You dont know my loving life. Dont act like my life is a typical american teen going through a depressed time. no.

Being honest here, from what I've seen, life is just a horrible thing.

There's long-stay clinics for this kind of stuff you know.