Author Topic: [ALPHA] Crashtastic - Smash into walls!  (Read 2440 times)

clicky

0.4.4 ALPHA PATCH NOTES

Editor: Updated the UI to be consistent with the other UIs in the game.
Editor: Updated the UI backend, which should fix the annoying can’t press GO issue.
Editor: Added hotkeys for all of the pieces. The hotkey is shown in the editor with an underscore under the hotkey.
Editor: removed W,A,S,D support for camera rotation, arrow keys still work.

Added Ability to tune the power on individual rockets. This is available in every level. You can adjust the power of all rockets by pressing “all” or individual rockets by clicking a single rocket. If you “Lock” a rocket, when you update “All” rockets, the locked rockets power will not be adjusted.

Added the ability on some levels (currently levels #16, 17, and 18) for you to assign keys to individual rockets, so they can be actively controlled. You will see an “Assign Key” field on the pre-simulation screen next to the power slider. I am going to be watching the feedback on this functionality with the thought of possibly opening it up on all levels.

Added Four Additional Levels:

Janky Half-Pipe – a series of broken half-pipes, in a race to the exit.
Target Plateau Again?! – The Target Plateau level you love to hate, with the addition of now being able to use controllable rockets..
U-Turn! – Race to the exit of big U-Turn. This level allows for use of controllable rockets.
High in Sky – Designed with the controllable rockets in mind…. Get to, and stay on the target platform… directly above you.

Introduction

Crashtastic is an indie physics game with the goal of creating various types of vehicles to help your crash test dummy complete the tasks given to you. The game is currently in Alpha 0.4.4, with plans to ship to Windows and Mac. You can pre-order the game here for $7.99, £5.11, or €6.57, and receive immediate access to the current Windows or Mac Alpha. After the Alpha 0.4.5 release, the price is set to increase.

Levels are all unique and some simply require you to move a small distance or get somewhere in a given time. New levels are being added with every update, so there is a good variety of fun tasks to be completed.

/!\ NOTICE: At this point in the Alpha, you need to be connected to the internet to be able to play.

Tools

There are various tools available to you in building your vehicle, such as:

- Small, Medium, and Large beams for basic construction of the vehicle's chassis.
- Steerable and Non-Steerable wheels for creating wheeled vehicles such as tanks and cars.
- Shock absorbers to use in brace-type mechanisms and to give your vehicle suspension.
- Rockets to actually make your vehicle move. Worried about your car moving at 145 m/s? Don't worry, the thrust can be adjusted.

FAQ

Q: Is there a release date?
A: At the moment, no release date has been made.

Q: How many levels are there?
A: I'm not exactly sure. The numbers keep rising as updates add more levels.

Q: Where can I find additional information about the game?
A: Just click the banner at the top of this post.

Q: Will this come to Linux?
A: The developer has not specified on whether the game will be supported by Linux any time in the future.

Q: Who made this game?
A: A guy by the name of Mark Smith. You can find him on Twitter as @MarkSmithGames

Media

Dev's YouTube Channel
Nerd Cubed's Let's Play

Looks like a simple version of portal almost

What? Are you sure you're in the proper thread?

wow looks like modern warfare 3

wow looks like minecraft

wow looks like chainban

I'm sorry what.

All white color scheme?

Must be Portal.

so it's like a more complex nuts and bolts?
this is interesting

complex in some ways anyway

okay the building part is almost different in every way but the general idea is still similar
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:07:11 PM by Night Fox »

I was checking this out a while ago. I wanted to play it but I'm broke.

wow still looks like portal