9 (6.6%)
I disagree with it
36 (26.3%)
I'm neutral on the subject
26 (19%)
SMOKING IS BAD KK SO DUN SMOKE
66 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: Does anybody here smoke/Opinions on smoking  (Read 4168 times)

This is 'Murrica. It's supposed to be the land of the free. So don't forget up everything the revolutionaries fought for by trying to make other people live how you want them to.

so the founding fathers wanted one american to inflict cost and health upon another for the sake of "cuz i have the right to"?

im pretty sure the wars have been about oppression from local and overseas governments. and both to exploit or keep from exploiting a states taxes from people.

but you kids these days seem to think freedom applies to everything and everyone and you arent even aware of what freedoms you refer to lol

> Marijuana is a depressant. It is a depressant, but it is relaxing. alcohol is a depressant but it sucks.
Are you seriously mental?
There are a ton of other ways to relax that are 20x safer.

> People have gone into comas from marijuana Marijuana didn't kill them, the coma did.
What the hell caused the coma? The marijuana.
The coma didn't loving cause itself.

> others have had mental issues Marijuana doesn't cause mental issues
It affects the central nervous system which over time gives you brain problems.
Meaning it gets harder to learn certain things because you can't concentrate fully.

> It also slows the central nervous system which over time can make it harder and harder to comprehend certain things. It's called mild short term memory loss, it happens.
It doesn't just 'happen'.
People smoking marijuana cause it to happen and they have tested this on marijuana users.

> It can also lead to severe respiratory depression Actually, it has been scientifically proven that it enhances lung function over a period of time.
Actually most people who use it get lonely and depressed because it slows your heart rate so much.
They are more prone to depression as well.

> people have committed Self Delete while high off marijuana. They killed themselves, not marijuana.
They were high off marijuana at the time.
If they hadn't used marijuana they wouldn't have Self Deleted because they wouldn't have been high.

> There have been no recordings that Marijuana itself causes death. marijuana may cause death-related things like coma, suicidal thoughts, ect. but that's all part of the fun of being high. If you fall into a coma, you smoked way too much.
"fun off being high"?

People have done stupid stuff while high and they don't even realize it.
What if someone kills themselves while they are high, it's just too dangerous and you are stupid for saying it wasn't the marijuana that caused the issues.

Where's Kilser
I talked to him in-game about this.
He just simply ignored me.

I doubt he wants to go into a detailed argument because obviously he would be arguing for all the wrong reasons.
If you argue against me you are most likely saying marijuana isn't bad at all which is 100% false.

It isn't as bad as other drugs, yes.
It's sill bad though.

I like how the potheads desperately try to defend marijuana.
It's their mind trying to deny that what they are addicted to is bad, lol

I absolutely despise smoking, I think it should be illegal. You get addicted, and it kills you up to twice as fast. It harms innocents because of secondhand smoke, it's annoying as crap for people walking by because it smells like crap. If you're friends or family with a smoker it's annoying because they have to go outside constantly.

I've smoked marijuana before.
All I can say is that it's a perfect way to make yourself look like a douchebag and the only mildly good thing that comes out of it is an excuse for acting like an idiot.

idgaf if anyone smokes weed, because weed makes everything 6x better at least for me. Just be careful because pot can change you if you're 24/7 smoking for a long ass time. Like LSD, it also depends on who you are. If you have family history of mental illness and you smoke unfamiliar weed (homegrown stuff if you're used to good stuff like ogk white widow purple haze etc) then you can feel like you're being cut in half and have an unpleasant time for a few hours.

Pot isn't so much like the liberal hollywood media display it as, or stupid uptight nerds / republicans display it as.

Again, like LSD, you need to be in a happy, light (not too dim, but colorful) and generally peaceful environment to ensure having a nice time. YES. YOU CAN have bad highs, and it's actually relatively common. For example, 2010 420, I never smoked with anyone else besides my bro, but I hanged out with 2 of my friends, we smoked some powerful blend and Mr.X was holding sticks and telling me about how amazing it is and Md.J was freaking out because he wasn't getting high. But after 8 hits he finally was effected.

So from that, I can add that:
Some people are very resistant to weed
That being said, some are more sensitive to it (me)
You should probably have a 3-day threshold or not smoke it 24/7 to avoid damages
It can change youth's brains so it's better to avoid smoking until 21-26 when your brain is finished developing
DON'T smoke too much; save your stash. 3 hits max if you have strong stuff is all you would really need.
Don't play LSD Dream Emulator on marijuana. It really changes you.
It's probably best to NOT say that you smoke unless you're in cali where everyone secretly smokes every night at 8PM.

Pros:
Awesome
Thousands of different types; many different areas of high
It makes things funny, and laughter is very medicinal
If you PLAN, you can change yourself easier for the better
Cons:
Makes you feel your system, and if you have cavities or broken bones it's like you're being trapped inside of the pain.
Smoke
Everyone goes psycho towards you

You could turn into an attention whoring stoner
If you have a family history of mental illness it can be bad for you.
As for tobacco, yes. It is stuffty overall. People basically pay to be slowly killed. Smoking is only pleasant or effect-able for the first few minutes, but then you're just wasting (at least from a bong) as you know, tobacco contains Nicotine, an incredibly addicting (90% addiction rate) chemical, and most products have a stuffload of added chemicals.

And come on people, it's 2012. Not 1950, stop douching. A few of my friends are absolutely addicted to tobacco and can't kick the habit. They started smoking to be cool and instead forgeted up the color of their teeth, are annoying redneck trash but come on dude. Preaching 24/7 against everyone different isn't really doing anything except making you look like a rabid dog.

PROS:
Makes smoking anything easier (although this is kind of a con too)
Smoking after love is amazing (according to family guy and my poor rich drunk mother in the carribean)

CONS:
Cancer
Addiction
Those annoying kids outside of your school who smoke 24/7
2nd hand smoke
No, really. 90% Addiction.
It makes you feel like stuff afterwards.

The conclusion:
If you do decide to do a drug, don't do tobacco. Do weed instead, or better yet don't do anything.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:48:26 AM by FadedGlory »

I absolutely despise smoking, I think it should be illegal. You get addicted, and it kills you up to twice as fast. It harms innocents because of secondhand smoke, it's annoying as crap for people walking by because it smells like crap. If you're friends or family with a smoker it's annoying because they have to go outside constantly.
Basically this.

True stuff.

skrillex, if you agree with everything you see that you think is true, you're going to have a bad time.

>People have gone into comas from marijuana Marijuana didn't kill them, the coma did.

i'm sorry, but this is just like saying the person behind the gun didn't kill someone, the bullet did.

/thread
That's practically the best post on this whole topic.