Author Topic: Oceanco Project X01 "Cathedral" Flagship (Now with extra pictures)  (Read 3353 times)

Now I can tell from previous build projects that you have done, that this is going to be damn good ship.

Can't wait to see it finished considering its size.

I realised just now there is a 'c' in Oceanco.
Neat build, would love to see it finished.

holy stuff.

You know you could turn this to a massive TDM or plant the bomb thing lol.

You should make a boat for download, these are too good!

Beautiful. Just. Beautiful.

When v21 comes in, may I please have the save to make some wallpapers?

Beautiful. Just. Beautiful.

When v21 comes in, may I please have the save to make some wallpapers?
We probably might Not give out the save, because people will claim it was theirs. And we don't want people really stealing our builds. As you can see we never released a project.

EDIT:
But there will be an opening thingy, but it'll be Invite only.

We probably might Not give out the save, because people will claim it was theirs. And we don't want people really stealing our builds. As you can see we never released a project.

EDIT:
But there will be an opening thingy, but it'll be Invite only.
But can you make at least one boat for download? To honor all your fans or something?

holy stuff.

You know you could turn this to a massive TDM or plant the bomb thing lol.
loving this.

loving this.
People can save it and that is what they are worried about.

Looking good already.

I'm not as worried about people claiming it's their (because OBVIOUSLY it's not theirs because there's a whole loving WIP topic about it) as much as releasing a save would be pointless. I use SO many custom brick packs to save on brick count that if I were to release a save you would load it up and half the bricks would be missing. Someone suggested to me that I release a list of add-ons for people to download (but that would take me forever) and others suggested I make a .zip containing all the brick packs I use and post it for download (which would take me forever and ALSO be stealing) so unfortunately my builds can't be released as saves.

However, I might disable all add-ons and release something as a save to everyone or even as a default save, if I can get Badspot's attention.

I tried to tell him otherwise how this kind of luxury just doesn't happen for crew, but he wasn't having none of it.
Can you imagine being a crew member on a ship like this out at sea for months at a time? That's why crew members have such nice accommodations. This isn't the military like you would like it to be, it's a luxury vessel and I intend for it to be luxurious for everyone involved, not just the guests. So sue me for being nice to my employees, I guess. :P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:27:50 AM by StarHawk »

holy

loving

stuff

that's so nice

I know that feel Starhawk :|

Can you imagine being a crew member on a ship like this out at sea for months at a time? That's why crew members have such nice accommodations. This isn't the military like you would like it to be, it's a luxury vessel and I intend for it to be luxurious for everyone involved, not just the guests. So sue me for being nice to my employees, I guess. :P

I would pay to live in any of those bunks. :) I was on a cruise from Stockholm to Åland and back this year and the room the four of us slept in was pretty much the same size (if not smaller) as your crew bunks if you count in the bathroom. And yeah, we were four.. :P

Someone suggested to me that I release a list of add-ons for people to download (but that would take me forever) and others suggested I make a .zip containing all the brick packs I use and post it for download (which would take me forever and ALSO be stealing) so unfortunately my builds can't be released as saves.
1) Would not take forever. My guess is that you use 60 different brick packs, max. That's more than twice as many as I've ever used. Writing down the names of all of them would hardly take more than 10 minutes.

2) You're usage of the word "forever" makes me smile. Zipping up the brick packs and uploading them to a sharing site would take you no more than 2 mins. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as stealing as long as you don't claim the brick packs as your own. Uploading other people's content on some sharing site might be considered "unfortunate", but you won't go to prison for being a thief. The original creators won't lose any money because of that. They even submitted it to RTB/Add-ons section because they wanted the add-on to be shared.
(assuming all brick packs are publicly available, mind you)

Solution 1) would of course be the best. Or, as an alternative for the very lazy (not even you would take "forever" to do this) :
Take a screenshot of your add-on folder or your in-game add-on list.
That way, people can download the required brick pack themselves.