2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released

Author Topic: 2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released  (Read 166041 times)

I can't wait to use the shader update, but I only have netbook access for now.

The netbook probably can't run shaders.

I don't know why my comp can run Skyrim on decent quality, but not BL shaders... D:

I can't wait to use the shader update, but I only have iPad access...

i figured out how to fix bl on windows! :cookieMonster: the problem was your file was in the wrong place so i went to my laptop and saw itin (username) > documents so place your file there :3 hope this helps!

:cookieMonster: :cookie:

i figured out how to fix bl on windows! :cookieMonster: the problem was your file was in the wrong place so i went to my laptop and saw itin (username) > documents so place your file there :3 hope this helps!

:cookieMonster: :cookie:
* Mariobro123586 facepalms as the universe crumbles from this silly man's stupidity.

Is the Intel shader problem ever going to be fixed?

I would assume so, eventually.

It's just not a huge problem, though, you can still run the game, so they'll take care of the other ones first.

Be patient my friend.

KickFlow gets it. This is only the first release - they're just testing them. They expected this. This is why Shadows and Shaders are disabled by default.

The developers will continue to optimize it and fix all the bugs and graphical errors. When there are practically no more problems left and it they are very well optimized, they will be enabled by default.

I would assume so, eventually.

It's just not a huge problem, though, you can still run the game, so they'll take care of the other ones first.

Be patient my friend.

You know what? You're right.
Having no shadows or shaders doesn't make the game useless. I can still play and build and do everything I always used to do, so there's nothing wrong with patiently waiting. Thanks for making me realize this.

Thank you, Audax, for giving us hope.

I'm not giving anyone hope. A lot of people already knew this from when kompressor first announced Shadows and Shaders. He mentioned they would be disabled by default until they completely fixed everything and optimized it so practically anyone that could already run Blockland can use Shadows and Shaders - then they will be enabled by default.

This is basically like a test release.

Well, those Shadow and Shaders cause this stupid UninstallGLLights console spam + No shadows and no shaders. Well, let's wait. I hope they're working on the fix.

Not sure if this has been posted already. But people that use Optimus, which is that system that switches from your Intel Graphics Chip to your Dedicated Graphics Card (e.g. GT 540M)

I actually fixed my problem of shadows / shaders not showing up even when on by going into the NVIDIA Control Panel and changing the global setting to use my 'High Performance NVIDIA Processor'. This forced Blockland to use my GT 540M chip and in turn I was able to use shadows / shaders. So yeah, try this solution if you have a Intel Graphics Chip and a Dedicated Graphics Card (Mostly applies to laptops of the sort)

Feel free to post this anywhere you like (thats if it works)

Most probably. Badspot has kinda kicked any Intel users in the face and said "I'm not fixing it; it's your slow computer", but since many PCs and Laptops which are great for non-gaming yet still function pretty well when you play a high-spec game run on Intel in some way or another, it's quite a lot of people affected.

As KickFlow said, the game can run which is an improvement on 48 hours ago, and the game is just as fun without shaders really, just less pretty :)

The GameModes menu should be divided into groups that expand when you select them.