Author Topic: COMPETITION: Design a space vehicle  (Read 11964 times)

Hey guys.

If you don't know, I am making a space map featuring all the planets and more. Problem is that I have placed the planets rather far away from each other for the purpose of realism, hence I think a custom vehicle is in order. Rather than attempt this myself (you all flamed my heli for using magic carpet script) I have decided to add some fun to the mix.

Objective: To make a working, coded space vehicle.

Prize: Vehicle will be featured in map. AND recieve the map 1 day before everyone else. Be the first to host your own space adventure!

Rules:

1. Must be complete..no models or scripts, must be both.
2. Should reflect space theme but no other restrictions on style.
3. Needs to be in by deadline.

Deadline is August 19th 2007.

Bonus points for...

>Paintable
>Well modeled
>Handles and functions well
>Doesnt lag/crash (this is really a neccessary thing)
>Unique features such as animations, emitters ect.
>Really fast
>matches style of blockland (flat shaded, low poly, blocky

Lose points for....

>Crap model
>Using prior vehicles scripts (trust me...they will eat you alive for this)
>Off topic design or implementation

Suggestions:

Space Shuttle, comet/asteriod, apollo mission vehicles, pocket-rocket, flaming-chair-o-doom

Please post all entries in this thread.

The creator of this competition reserves to the right to not use any/all entries submitted especially if they all suck. Vehicle stays property of creator but must be allowed to be used in map or packed with map. I will send you a big bag of mulla if you make a working space shuttle with seperating SRBs and fuel tanks and emitters too. Good luck and may the guiding light of the force be with you. No flying/giant reproductive parts allowed. Entries must pwn to be elligible.

Well I decided to go with a bovine/monty spin on my design. I did two, one is just the cow with methane-harnessing propulsion system (MHPS) and the other is the lightly-armed cow-mothership.

It also has small jets in the hooves for small adjustments when aligning orbital planes and such.

I'm not sure what to say...

Is that your official entry or just a joke? I mean, you can enter it and the model is funny but, its kinda odd. :)

I vote for Ephialtes.

Voting starts in a week. Not today.

I'll try my hand at this, but I'm busy, and have to learn a few things in order to make one, but I'll post a pic of it as soon as I have a model... ( if I get one...)

Also, Ephialtes, pls make that into a real vehicle, I would use it (it's just so funny...)

Also, should we all use MHPS to power are space thing? (yes, I'm kidding)

edit:I may not be able to do this since there is alot going on at the RTB 1.x forums, but I hope I can still....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:27:30 PM by laremere »

I vote for Ephialtes.

Voting starts in a week. Not today.
I vote for Ephialtes in a week unless someone can honestly come up with something more awesome than that.

I lol'd..
Unless someone comes up with a pig that has the same concept, Ephi gets my vote.

Can we post WIP pictures?

If so,
The BS-Fighter or B-Fighter(Bloko Space or Bloko) (lack of a better name) :cookieMonster:

Meh.

ooo I like, add some color tho, maybe some details.

Best looking so far Night-Stalker. Maybe make it look less "Legoish" and more "Blockoish" otherwise others might think its 'stolen'.

Good job though

Yay for developing upon the digestive by-products of the bacteria that reside inside a cow's guts.

On msn ephi said the cow is not going to be released =(

I'm going to try and make him do it.