Author Topic: Lights that shine farther  (Read 1362 times)

Not sure if this is possible without badspot doing anything, but I would really like to see lights shine from farther. At the moment the lights fade out after only 32 bricks. It would be nice if there was a slider to control the distance at which lights no longer shine, ideally maxing out somewhere between 400-800 bricks.

I don't think this can be done with the current graphics.

Why? It's a legitimate request, and I would like more opinions as to whether or not this is currently possible.

I don't think this can be done with the current graphics.
no dumb

I'm pretty sure there's a radius variable or something for light datablocks. I don't know what the cap is if there is one though.

no dumb

I'm pretty sure there's a radius variable or something for light datablocks. I don't know what the cap is if there is one though.

meh, I just started this crap

lol

let it die pls

Omg, sorry. I'm on a stuff spree today and I don't feel very good. I'm very tired.

Sorry for any offensive comments, I really don't mean them.

I definitely would like to be able to see lights from farther away, it's really jarring in darker builds when you see streetlamps/torches whatever instantly appearing and disappearing...

I definitely would like to be able to see lights from farther away, it's really jarring in darker builds when you see streetlamps/torches whatever instantly appearing and disappearing...

Agreed. It was weird seeing a lit brick but no light around it.

Bump. Is it bannable to do this twice?