Author Topic: Increased light rendering to compensate for dark interiors  (Read 413 times)

With the new shadows update, it can be extremely inconvenient to play on any interior build due to everything being in shadow.  The obvious solution is to place lights on bricks, but those only emit light when you are within about 30 torque units or so, regardless of any settings.  This means any medium or large interior cannot be lit properly.

The suggestion:  I think that distance should go up as shader quality is increased.

So yeah this is a suggestion pretty much to badspot only.
Comment or discuss if you want.

The easiest way would be to increase the ambient light in the sky file but that could make anything in sun too bright.

The easiest way would be to increase the ambient light in the sky file but that could make anything in sun too bright.

Right, that is what i am doing at the moment, but i think this would be a simple edit that would make brick based lighting a whole lot more useful than just sky lighting.  What if you want a lit building in a nighttime map?

Pretty sure Nexus is talking about how lights and their lighting effects disappear when you are far away, and that it makes large builds look bad since the lighting disappears. He wants the distance that you can see lights from to be increased, depending on the setting you have your shaders set to.

Many topics have been made on this.

/supportcake