Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2429681 times)

1. you could do this before
2. it didn't take 2 million years to join a server
3. it was way easier to use
4. you could actually play on the maps you wanted without a loving hassle
5. servers weren't so god damn limited to like 2 wins and then everyone picks the same map again
6. you weren't matched with just experts on one team and stuffty-mediocre people on the other team

i'm sorry but that opinion is bad. matchmaking will never be as good as quickplay.
Aside from 3 those things are still in game, it's called the community server browser

Aside from 3 those things are still in game, it's called the community server browser

most community servers are ad-filled cheap garbage with stuff all over the screen

it is rare i find one that's okay

most community servers are ad-filled cheap garbage with stuff all over the screen

Disable MOTD. If the server pesters you by hindering you for doing this, just leave.

Yeah, no. Community severs just aren't that popular anymore, it has nothing to do with ads. Lack of players is a reason enough not to go on community servers.

1. you could do this before
                 You had to be lucky to get on the same team. He is correct, its now far, far easier to play with friends.
2. it didn't take 2 million years to join a server
                 If you decide to play on the oddball maps only, then sure, but otherwise the queue times are fine
3. it was way easier to use
                 Cant entirely disagree, however the casual menu is also pretty easy to use.
4. you could actually play on the maps you wanted without a loving hassle
                 Somewhat true, it does suck when they put you on a team that is close to losing or when the map just ended
5. servers weren't so god damn limited to like 2 wins and then everyone picks the same map again
                 Community servers had 24/7 stuff, don't recall Valve servers being 24/7. Valve servers always picked a random gamemode-similar map after 2 rounds, or 1 for certain gamemodes
6. you weren't matched with just experts on one team and stuffty-mediocre people on the other team
                 Yeah the current autobalance system is bad. People used to stuff on autobalance but now i would love to have it back.
i'm sorry but that opinion is bad. matchmaking will never be as good as quickplay.
                 Quickplay wasn't as good as you remember, buddy.

you can no longer join friends though which sucks. I swear, if valve gave us that ability matchmaking would be perfectly fine.

for 5, if you are on a map on a casual server, there is a 90% chance that map will be replayed without fail over snd over.

on valve servers, like you said, they were random ALWAYS.

for 5, if you are on a map on a casual server, there is a 90% chance that map will be replayed without fail over snd over.

on valve servers, like you said, they were random ALWAYS.

i am fine with this.

quickplay would be nice to have alongside matchmaking, though. I just think the fact you can play with friends without autobalance loving you over, or having one team be full and having your friend be forced to play for the enemy, outweighs a lot of the downsides. the only thing i don't like about matchmaking is the map voting. I would love to have random rotation back.

Also, the levelling system could be better.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:11:48 AM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

Maybe we should get an item every 10 levels, nothing fancy just weapons and cheap hats

The Back Scatter and Liberty Launcher are under-appreciated weapons. The Liberty Launcher is good for practicing rocket jumps, confusing airblasting pyros, as well as a stepping stone to the Direct Hit. The Back Scatter is fun on CTF maps, because it's easy to blast a fleeing enemy when he has your intel.

someone help me get rid of this.
i don't really play tf2 anymore and it's sitting in my inventory and i want to sell it for the 5 bucks it's worth but it's been up for like months

ill take it for free

give it to me instead

pay up fool
or fight to the death
either one