Bot Events II

Author Topic: Bot Events II  (Read 26595 times)

Bot Events II

So basically it was suggested that there should be a new version of bot events, so I took on the project. I intend to do this with other people, in the hopes of bringing some of the modding communities greatest minds together. Also because I didn't feel like doing it on my own.

yeah that's basically it lol

if you want to help script, do 3 jumping jacks, stand on your head, and fill out the following form post in this thread
main three requirements:
  • don't be a richard - you'll be out of the project on your ass in seconds
  • [0]don't be completely frigging handicap - you'll only slow us down. questions are ok, please, ask them, but we're not doing this to be teachers, we're making a mod. experienced scripters are definitely preferred
  • know how to use git repositories - if you have to learn and/or you're new to it, that's ok just as long as we don't have to hold your hand, as that will slow the undoubtedly slow process down more, also because i'm not good enough at them yet to guide you

we'll probably push out an open beta with a bunch of annoying and useless debug messages so you can't possibly frigging forget you're betaing it and you'll remember to actually file bug reports.

current people probably involved
  • Lugnut
  • [0]Evar678
  • elm
  • [0]Nullable
  • Munk

the repository is over here - https://github.com/Tungul/Event_BotEventsII/

to request stuff...
file requests here - https://github.com/Tungul/Event_BotEventsII/issues/new
you probably don't need an account, i would greatly appreciate it if you left your username somewhere in your request
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:54:17 PM by Lugnut »

Ok so whats first on the todo list.

Ok so whats first on the todo list.
lol oops i forgot to push newest changes i made to todo and readme

E: done

there's a todo.txt list

first thing is to determine what we can safely salvage from the original bot events

Yeh!

Hey since I am friends with Evar do you think...i could
beta please?

can't wait until this is out

Yeh!

Hey since I am friends with Evar do you think...i could
beta please?

can't wait until this is out
the point of the beta isn't to hand out to dumb kids to play with before release. its either public beta or no beta.

the point of the beta isn't to hand out to dumb kids to play with before release. its either public beta or no beta.
I think developers should be the beta testers, by hosting their servers, that way people don't bitch, and there isn't idiots. c:

hi

please give all bots their own virtual client

hi

please give all bots their own virtual client

Will do, this will be put in to the suggestions box.

sorry for asking a question
i said maybe, i wasn't shouting at them to give me a beta

certain parts of bot events should be admin only, like it's very abusive.

certain parts of bot events should be admin only, like it's very abusive.
So is that handy chat that everyone uses, I can easily make a script to spam a and d all day and get banned after overloading the server. The point is to make it so that it isn't tempting, or ridiculously abusive.