Author Topic: (Hatmod+) Megaguy's Hatmod Edit! (FULLY APPROVED BY ALL CONTENT CREATORS.)  (Read 4855 times)

This is a simple edit of Rusty and Munk's hatmod+.
WHAT I DID:

• Remove the silly hats from the original pack.
  • Add content from Pandan's pack, Mr nobody's hair pack and Jake's Head protection.
  • Remove the silly hats from all 3 additional packs
  • Package all that stuff into a single addon.

DOWNLOAD:
HERE!!!1
CREDITS:
Mr nobody for his hair pack
Rusty for modelling for hatmod
Munk for doing hatmod things
Pandan although he doesn't give a forget about this game anymore
Jake for his neat head protection

(not pictured- pandan's hats. They should be working fine though.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:33:44 PM by Megaguy2 »

cnai b doge.

Nice work.

It is generally looked down upon to release an edit for an add-on that isn't yours, especially without permission from the original creator(s).

cnai b doge.

Nice work.
No you can't be the dog. You can't be a rabbit either because I removed that hat :cookieMonster:
Thank you muchly.

It is generally looked down upon to release an edit for an add-on that isn't yours, especially without permission from the original creator(s).
It's a simple edit and it works. I doubt the creators of this content will have a problem.
If you use the system that grants everyone hats, and you're hosting some kind of serious server or a freebuild and you don't want everyone going "LOL LOOK I'M WEARING A rooster ON MY HEAD" this should work fine.

stolen.:cookieMonster:
Hardly as I gave full permission.

It's a simple edit and it works. I doubt the creators of this content will have a problem.
If you use the system that grants everyone hats, and you're hosting some kind of serious server or a freebuild and you don't want everyone going "LOL LOOK I'M WEARING A rooster ON MY HEAD" this should work fine.

That's not the point.
You released it without their permission, which is a very disrespectful thing to do.

That's not the point.
You released it without their permission, which is a very disrespectful thing to do.
Yes but I've fully acknowledged they exist and I've given my thanks. I'm sure they'll have no problem with me mashing a few files together.

I've given myself very little credit for doing this. It's not like i'm saying I made all this crap,painstakingly modelled it, and scripted it, I just took some files. I literally banged files together, man.

I really sincerely hope there isn't an issue here. If there is, one of the mod creators can ask for their content removed, but it'd be kind of a richard move.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:52:56 PM by Megaguy2 »

Yes but I've fully acknowledged they exist and I've given my thanks. I'm sure they'll have no problem with me mashing a few files together.

I've given myself very little credit for doing this. It's not like i'm saying I made all this crap, I just took some files. I literally banged files together, man.

Exactly.
You put barely any effort into the add-on and just released it without having the courtesy of asking their permission first.

Exactly.
You put barely any effort into the add-on and just released it without having the courtesy of asking their permission first.
There's not alot of effort to banging files together. I'm sure it's no issue.

This isn't much of a defence but mr nobody is banned so wouldn't be able to contact him anyway. I'm sure he has no problem with seeing his addon used.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:56:22 PM by Megaguy2 »

There's not alot of effort to banging files together. I'm sure it's no issue.

Why would you even released a half-assed mod anyway?
If there's no effort in making this edit then other people could have done it.

You should not have released this.

Why would you even released a half-assed mod anyway?
If there's no effort in making this edit then other people could have done it.

You should not have released this.
Because people might find it useful?
Yes, others could have done it but I wanted to be the first to.

Half-assed? It's just simple, that's all. It's a simple process that gives no console errors and doesn't require me to bugger about in coding help.

The other people who could have done this would have released it also.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:01:49 PM by Megaguy2 »

You said yourself there was no effort put into it.

Whatever, I'm done. You don't understand basic courtesy and common sense apparently.

Whatever, I'm done. You don't understand basic courtesy and common sense apparently.

Yeah of course I don't. That's why I'm now asking for permission. If they say no, it's easily taken down. I just released this because I know of places that would benefit from this.

I agree with you, though. I really should have asked for permission from the content's creators.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:04:53 PM by Megaguy2 »

That's why I'm now asking for permission. If they say no, it's easily taken down.

Okay, good.